• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 D-Day adventure park June 24 25 26 Rally

davesgmc

only 2 more weeks. got new ujoints put in elmo, all others greased up. new air line going to transfer case with a shut off valve in it. fixed the leaking air vlve on transmission. still got to change engine oil and filters and pick me up a set of new fuel filters to take along and should be ready to roll

Flyingvan911

Hi Dave. Allan told me about the convoy and has helped me with some radio gear for the trip. I'll be at your shop for the convoy. I'm going to replace the cracked driver side windshield and restore both frames before the trip. The girlfriend and I can't wait.

I'm glad you got ELMO fixed.

davesgmc

i need new w/s too, definately on the list of future repairs. cant wait, this is gonna be a kick ass trip and weekend! I am currently filter out about 55 gallons of waste motor oil to burn on the way down.

davesgmc

I close shop at 6 pm friday we wi head out after that. i eleive we will take 69 don instead of 71. we could meet up somewhere on te route if possible? or ou can come up to my shop? Talk to the bobed duece guy too and see if he wants to go.

Aswayze

You could easily cut over to 69 from any number of pleasant little south of KC roads.

Let me know for sure if you're gonna make it Jerrod, I'll pack along an extra PRC-77 for ya so we can all make fun of Elmo going up the hills.

Also, I happen to have all my deuce stencils out since I had to redo my MAX SPEED 55 dash stencil (to remind me not to go 56) so if any of you guys have Deuces that you want to do stencils on, let me know and I'll toss all the stenciling gear in the truck. I've got everything for the 80s-90s era deuce, plus the bridge number stencil for the door and of course the bumper star.

jwright

I just got this off of the full auto web site.
Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot is proud to announce we will have a 1944 Stuart Tank with a live 37mm gun available for the public to rent and shoot.

Cleptomaniac

Any one driving up from OKC? I have rearranged my work schedule so now I can come Friday evening! But am going to have to leave Saturday night:x Any way if any one is driving up and wanna convoy PM me.

Aswayze

Well, we'll be heading from Kansas City and should be running in about 10 PM. You might catch up with us about the time we hit US 60 if you are heading out of OKC in the evening as well... Not much help at that point but who knows...

You just need a more frantic Mil Vehicle community in OKC :)

Aswayze

I have made that run a time or two from KC down to DDAP in the wee hours of the morning. It's a fairly pleasant run as long as it is not 15 degrees out. Starting off on the south end of town like you are it should go well. We'll be waitin for ya man!

Prep wise, Dave and I added an antenna to Elmo on saturday then installed a new silicone boot on the drivers side front of my Deuce. Dave's gonna make some mounts for the PRC-351 for both the Ferret and Elmo (so he can trade them back and forth) and he should be on the air by Friday for the trip.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I still don't no for sure if I am off or not, but I am planing on driving down Friday evening in the M1009 with a bike on the back. I got the steel cut to fab it up just need the time to weld it up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks