• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Edmond, OK 4th of July Parade

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since Tackettr is over playing in the SandBox, I am taking the point for this mission.

It is time again for the 4th of July Parade!!!:grin::grin::grin:

I submitted the paperwork today and put us down for 14 vehicles (Max).

I expect the plan to be simular to last year, more to follow for anyone new this year.

Date: Monday 4 July 2011 Please mark your calendars!!!!!!!!

See attached files for more details. Or go to www.libertyfest.org

Hope to see you there!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Here are the last two parades we where in. We took Second place the first year and First place last year. Not bad for a bunch of $@$#^%#'s

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/53134-2010-edmond-ok-4th-july-parade.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/35973-july-4th-parade-edmond-ok-2009-a.html

We will be meeting at the Walmart at I-35 and S.E. 15th St in Edmond at 7:30. We need to be at the staging area by 0800 and the parade starts at 0845.

Bring water and shade as it gets hot waiting for the start time.

No candy or anything is to be thrown or handed out from the vehicles. Also no political signs or campaining.

*************** EDIT *********************

Signed up so far:

Warthog - M715
M1075 - M915A1
MacGowan - M35A2
Fudge0514 - Hummer
M813A1 - M813A1
Patattack88 - M1009
BigHank - M35A2 Bobber
M715VFD405 - rider or driver
Clepto - WIMPED OUT

Attachments

Last edited:

MacGowan

I'm in! ...barring severe mechanical issues that MIGHT arise, of course. I'll probably have my nephew and a few of his friends riding in the bed, again - they had a terrific time at the Del City parade and have been asking about the 4th of July parade ever since.

Hopefully my rim colors will be matching by then :driver:.

James

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just heard from the Parade Officials and they are looking forward to us being there again this year and taking the prize money home with us.

Last edited:

Fudge0514

No clue yet if I can make this, but would I be welcome with my yellow civilian HUMMER? I do have a olive drab M101A3 that I would pull with it, just to try and fit in. Just putting a feeler out there, not sure how a yellow truck would look in the camo/OD convoy.

I do also know a fellow here in the metro area with a black HUMMER and a tan M101A3 as well, not sure if he's registered on here or not. Also no clue if he's busy for the 4th or not.

My feelings won't get hurt if y'all say no. ;-)

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No clue yet if I can make this, but would I be welcome with my yellow civilian HUMMER? I do have a olive drab M101A3 that I would pull with it, just to try and fit in. Just putting a feeler out there, not sure how a yellow truck would look in the camo/OD convoy.

I do also know a fellow here in the metro area with a black HUMMER and a tan M101A3 as well, not sure if he's registered on here or not. Also no clue if he's busy for the 4th or not.

My feelings won't get hurt if y'all say no. ;-)
I'm sure we can fit you in. We have some cans of green spray paint...;-)

I'll be there in spirit!!!
We will miss having you and your family there.

Stay safe!!!

M813A1

@ Tackettr !! God Speed and stay Safe !!! We willl Missi You !!! :) :) :)

@ Fudge we can get some waterbased paint and just add some liquid soap and paint your HUMMER OD Green and just wash it off after the Parade !! :) :)

Last edited:

MacGowan

Green, red and yellow trucks? I guess we could represent the nation of Zimbabwe on the 4th! ;-)

As far as I'm concerned: The more the merrier! Who doesn't know the H1 originated as a military vehicle, anyway? It's not like he's trying to admit an H3 :p

James

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are going to meet at the WalMart at I-35 and S.E.15th St in Edmond at 7:30am and convoy to the parade staging site at 8:00am.

BigHank

so i know we can't throw candy but is there anything against passengers in the bed during the parade? I have recruited a few of my fellow vets to throw on the uniform and look good in the bed of my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks