• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Edmond, OK 4th of July Parade

Cleptomaniac

Well the wife decided "we" are just doing the Bethany parade! So....:| The Bethany parade is a couple miles and we have the only MV in it at this point! My wifes uncle may bring his M35A2 fire truck. Candy and riders are welcome (just have to throw the candy to the curb). The parade ends at Eldon Lyon Park where their is a carnival and then fireworks after dark. If you want in the ladys name is Marla Nix and her phone #is 789-6285

I am planning on going to Sundog this week end so hopefully get to meet you guys!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One week to go and we only have 7 trucks signed up.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

It should only be a cool 85 degrees for the parade. ;-)

Fudge0514

Just picked up some of those half circle "fan" type flags for my trailer and a couple small flags for the front of my truck. Looking forward to this for sure!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up some of those half circle "fan" type flags for my trailer and a couple small flags for the front of my truck. Looking forward to this for sure!!
I: Those things are called "bunting".

"Just picked up some BUNTING for my trailer and a couple small flags for the front of my truck. Looking forward to this for sure!!"

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received our entry number today. We are number 71.

Also you can catch a glimps of a couple of trucks from previuos years in this tv spot.

LibertyFest: Video Gallery

If you can stop the video at 27 seconds, just after the two girls eating watermellon you can spot, TACKETTR, M1075 and KAISER M35A2 and his Deuce bed trailer

MacGowan

I won't be able to make it to this one. The Deuce still has some front diff issues and I haven't had the time to look at it. Sorry about backing out at the last minute. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!!
James

Fudge0514

your favorite dress:beer:
Sweet, I get to wear my dress! I don't usually wear it out in public, but in this case I'll make an exception.

I'm having two friends meet me at the staging area on the southeast side of the UCO campus, they will be riding in my trailer.

Fudge0514

Rain is good now (over night), I just hope it doesn't rain during the morning. It will probably turn away a lot of the paraders! Might have to bring my tarp for the trailer to keep my friends dry incase it rains during the parade. Wasn't planning on bringing the bows or tarp at first, but I will check the weather in the morning and if it looks like we might get some rain, I will bring them along.

And someone back me up on this, but it looks like the Reviewing Stand (Judge's Stand) is on the driver side of our route? Might spice up that side of the trailer more so than the passenger side, if that's the case. :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks