• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin BS/T-shirt thread.

Brent.Cain

thats sounds awsome gimpy but i cant make it this time and just found out that i can make it to the june 9-12 event at haspin cause my GF is grad. from college so maybe sum other time we can hook up

oilcan

It's a tentative "in" for me. We'll see what happens.

Maybe I'll drag something small out this time. The 715 and flattie are just begging for some attention!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really going to try and make it this time.I'm trying to find a way of towing it behind my motorhome safely.I need to get a tow bar first to try it out.I have a diesel pusher with a 5.9 cummins.Can it be done,or a waste of time trying.Has anyone seen it done.I was going to go slow there and back taking back roads.This way me and the wife can stay a few days.
Stan comes out of St Louis, maybe he has an extra driver.

sw

hdexpert

Between Kipman, Oldgrunt, Pat and I we'll have at least 4 deuces convoying out of Columbus. This year I'll be towing my 105 trailer filled with stuff to sell so maybe I'll actually get the tires of my deuce dirty!! :mrgreen:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to go this, it sounds like fun, how do we signe up and how do we get a t-shirt
You don't really have to sign up just to attend. It is a privately owned offroad park, and we just invade the place for a week :cool:. There is an admission charge that you pay directly to the park staff. (not to steel soldiers) We usually get a discounted rate of a buck or two, but you must tell the staff when you arrive that you are with the Steel Soldiers. Just watch this website for updates as the time gets closer.

T-shirts are usually made up by one of the members. I made the first ones in 2009. Westech and WestechWife made them in 2010. I will probably try to make them this year. I am going to try again for a USA made shirt for ~ $15. I don't charge any markup, just pass on actual cost to you. For shirts, you will need to sign up, . . . but there isn't a sign up started yet. Again, keep your eye on this website as the time approaches.

One more thing, for the past two years, we have had members bring a mobile military kitchen, and they work hard to provide three great meals a day. I am hoping they will return this year. It is optional, but You will need to sign up for the food so that they can prepare.(probably end of May time frame) There is a reasonable charge for food and it helps if everyone takes a turn for one meal to help clean up. (To Cabell and Adam, we promise to wait for y'all on the trail rides !)

EDIT: docfarmall reminded me that he will be selling hats once again. He will have more details and a signup sheet as the time gets closer.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have my MKST (mobile kitchen support trailer) this year as well, so there will be way more room for cleanup.

There will also be an ice machine on my trailer, $1 a bag, honor system. So you won't have to run into town. Less you want to...

hdexpert

ice

I will have my MKST (mobile kitchen support trailer) this year as well, so there will be way more room for cleanup.

There will also be an ice machine on my trailer, $1 a bag, honor system. So you won't have to run into town. Less you want to...
Adam, I have two of the new large stainless steel ice chests if you need to use them for ice storage. Here is what they look like Stainless Steel Military Ice Chest-Cooler-NEW!! - eBay (item 170590275075 end time Feb-12-11 04:32:33 PST)

And yes, they'll be for sale at Haspin along with all my other wares!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 500lb a day machine, with a bin, but we may fill them as well. I don't know if I need another one. Angie kind of wants the one we used to have instead of the big one! :roll:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm definitely in this year, no matter what, but I can safely say I will not be driving the deuce there. My back just can't take 16-hour long trips in the deuce anymore. 3-5 hours I can do okay, but after 2/3 of a day I'm in pretty bad pain. Not sure what I'll be taking instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks