• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin pic/video thread

bugwugger

My truck with 1100's made it better and further then ANY super single. I had her deep in the back woods and went through every hole the supers got stuck in ;) Seems the reason it did so well was most people were afraid to submerge their vehicles is mud. I can see this to be true, everyone had a distance to drive them home.

Anyways glad to see and hear everyone had fun. Hope to see most people in the fall. Anyone near cincy, I want to get our trucks together and hit the drive In theater one night.

19 DELTA

Anyways glad to see and hear everyone had fun. Hope to see most people in the fall. Anyone near cincy, I want to get our trucks together and hit the drive In theater one night.

I WOULD BE UP FOR THAT :beer:

tm america

At first, the NDT's were kicking my truck's worn 15.5 XL's butt and I was starting to reconsider installing singles. Then I remembered that I still had my tires at 65-70 psi for the road. After I let them down to about 20-25 psi (I think 25 psi was a little too low for the steers, they looked a little bulgey, I'll proably do 30 psi next time) it made a huge difference. With traction I used torque to climb rather than inertia and wheel speed. I do think that most everyone can at least agree that singles look better than NDT's, right?
What you mean... every hole that 9.00s got stuck in i walked right through.. Shoot i even stopped in the middle of the then pulled right off just to show off a little. I am running 50 psi in mine .. But i have more than enough power to spin the clean now.. I was really impressed with them this year i couldnt get stuck this year and i went through all the holes i had not been able to make it through in the past

hdmax

I am sure that had you wanted to test its abilities, you could have easily fond a mud hole to get pulled from.
There was NOT a military truck at haspin that could not get stuck, if the driver was willing to try going anywhere, in fact there were dozens of places you could have stuck your stuck where it would have stayed.
I wasn't at last years event, but from everything I have read/heard, comparing the ability of your truck this year, with last year would be like comparing a gorilla with a monkey. The water was down, as well as the mud.

Why didn't you try this hole? And there were many places much worse than that one.

I was really impressed with them this year i couldnt get stuck

Attachments

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
George gets picked on a lot because of his bumper incident. I'm pretty sure only one person tried that hole that show Gimpy's truck.

tm america

i went through that hole last year.. the hole that got my bumper was the one next to that one that i went through in forward and rev and stoppped in the middle this year no problems.. i went through every hole that had ntd tracks going to them and went right through ... I didn't try to get stuck this year .. i didn't feel like having to go through the diffs and wheel bearing like i normally have to ..

tm america

Ferro thats what i would like to be able to do just need a big enough tow vehicle and trailer to get the job done...I am thinkin about getting a single axle over the road truck and low boy . Just have to see what i would need to get it titled and plated as an rv.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy an old Freightliner pretty cheap with a full sleeper and license it as an RV if you make sure it has the necessary requirements added. Not sure how you would get by on the trailer though.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Here are a couple pics I forgot I had. This is Gunit helping littlefoot change a broken torque arm. We had it done in 30 minutes start to finish.

i was dam inpressed with how quick that dog bone came off and how quick it when back on.

it took the wives longer to quit talking and get back in the trucks then it did for us to get the the dog bone replaced, eat lunch, take a leak and get the everything packed back up to go trail riding again.:razz::-o:)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro thats what i would like to be able to do just need a big enough tow vehicle and trailer to get the job done...I am thinkin about getting a single axle over the road truck and low boy . Just have to see what i would need to get it titled and plated as an rv.
My solution!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol I know Kenny,
But if the xm818 is the dead one, I don't have a fifth wheel handy! I still need to put the m109 on the back of the 818 and see how it works. My issue is how to get it on and off- I don't have a wrecker, and the ramps on the m172 are too #@!%@#$ heavy.

Matt1970M35A

It was fun! Thanks for everyones help on the dog bone. It only took 3 different impact wrenches a few small helpers and Docs super truck to get it fixed. Sorry for the long delay. A few thing just not going my way the last few weeks but Im working through them. Cant wait till next year.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
"Don't fallow the convoy leader down a dead end trail in the middle of the night. I wonder who that was?"

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I was the one that followed him!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks