• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin pic/video thread

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was my first year with a truck and I had a great time.

I'd like to point what a great group of members we have and it's easy to do when you see how everyone jumped at the chance to help with a recovery on Sat night.

Only bad spot was ambush photography by someone with no concept of what a flash does to your night vision.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics everybody. I wish I had a camera with me, but I was too busy being stupid and following gimp pretty much wherever he went. If he can do it, so can I....um...sometimes!

davey8943

Gimp,

They had the truck at camp, with the broken box out this morning about 10 AM. He said he had a whole new box coming from Cincinnati off another truck.

What time did you guys get him towed back to the camp? We hit the sack about midnight and hadn't heard a peep yet.

Dave

Last edited:

davey8943

... However, next year I will remember to keep my thumbs out of the wheel. OUCH!
'OUCH!' is an understatement!

I learned the same thing my first time at Haspin (even though it wasn't SS weekend).

I must have missed the paragraph in the operator's manual that warned of "thumb removal" :roll:

Dave

197thhhc

We put the steering box in Littlefoots truck this afternoon. I came back to Cincy and pulled it out of the unit we are restobobbing. Then went back and installed it Also had to repair a broken injection pump line.

We really want to thank Nick and his wife and Doug, you are the man. And a big thanks to Kip and the others that helped with the tree removal. Thanks also to The fellas in the USMC deuce who tried to help winch us. I know I am missing others to thank Like Docfarmall who tried to find us a steering box. To everyone else I have missed THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

This was Littlefoot and my first time at a SS rally but not our last.

Dave I hope your thumb gets better.

Ted (My wife and I were in the Green Side by Side That went every where the deuces went. We now call it the Micro deuce.[thumbzup]

Cigarjoe

I had a great time didn't get many pictures I was to busy playing. Nice that the first pic of this years rally on here is of my truck suck and looks as though most of the rest of the pics of my truck are of it being stuck also. LOL Thanks Michelle for hooking up to winch cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks