• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin pic/video thread

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
319, that's a pretty good pic of our little "Haspin Wrench Party".

View attachment 253873

I wanna thank Doghead, Gimp, Steve, Kip and especially John for jumping in and helping me diagnose and fix my starter problem. It's great to have the extra hands when you need them

Tom, I have noticed that every time our group gets together, to tackle an issue, not only is it fun to work together but, we all get a chance to learn a bit from each other (and about each other). That is priceless. It really isn't work, when it's fun!

This was also the case with Matts dogbone replacement. I learned a new trick(from Westy). I enjoyed watching the kids watch and help. The mission was a success because everyone lent a hand, in some way.

We are a great group.

bugwugger

I'd like to thank those who helPed me with my starter issues also. Can't remember their names but hopefully they read this. Thanks to Gimp for the fuel filter ;) Thanks to Doc for the hospitality. And to the ones that were grumpy over the picture taking when the 2 5tons were stuck, keep on drinkin.....

For the ones that truly came for a good wheeling time and Got a hand shake, thank you.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to thank those who helPed me with my starter issues also. Can't remember their names but hopefully they read this. Thanks to Gimp for the fuel filter ;) Thanks to Doc for the hospitality. And to the ones that were grumpy over the picture taking when the 2 5tons were stuck, keep on drinkin.....

For the ones that truly came for a good wheeling time and Got a hand shake, thank you.
That was Brandon, Gimp and myself who helped with your starter. Glad to help out and get you going. I assume that it got you back home OK after the rally?

bugwugger

Yes I made it home. We left Haspen at 5pm broke down in brookville, had to changed fuel filters and my in tank pump is done even though the fuse is good. So after priming the filters and pulling the truck in a small parking lot got back to cinch at 10pm.

Even the broke 5ton beat us home and we left way before his part from Indy made it.

hdexpert

uh

The grumpy ones you are referring to are normally the easiest going people in our group. Having a camera shoved in your face with the flash going off at night really screws up your night vision. The portly fellow taking pics came close to loosing a camera.

Westech

CPL
Again anything can be used as a suppository

Look I had to get involved and take charge of two recoveries both at night. One was after 20 min of people climbing all over a truck and not finding the coolant leak. When I jumped in it took less then 2 min to find the heater hose got chewed up in the fan. All that while pictures being flashed all over the place. I left it alone.

The second was after some person hooked the 5 ton winch cable up to a 4 inch tree and dropped it on the truck.
When things start to get stupid I have no problem jumping in and taking over to make sure no one gets hurt.

When you are trying to recover 20K plus pound truck on a side slope in the mud you don't need some high power flash going on if your eye ball. That was just 100% stupid.

I believe that if that person did that to the average Joe and not a SS member they would have there rear beat.

We are not mad, angry, hold a grudge. We live and let live. We would like to see the pictures and feel free to post if you so wish.

Last edited:

bugwugger

Thank you for the help with my heater hose A+, even after all the flashing I was still able to pull the first truck out without an issue ;) Im not mad either. Just going to be more prepard with the new media camera next yeaer. The ability to capture night time pictures with a camera that makes it look like day time is killer.

Westech

CPL
That little one got a look at your butt and looks like he is puking. Maybe you should have washed it in the river first lol.

Just watch it around GImp... He pulls his pants down a lot and that might bust the camera

Westech

CPL
I am all the way on the left... that is GIMP BUTT AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said he shaved the hair on his butt to look like a mohawk!

I'm not gonna look that close to see if he really did or not.

I know some of you are going back right now and looking at that picture again to see if he did rofl rofl rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks