• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin Sign-in

Sevin7

We (my son Brian, my dad Dale, and myself) arrived with the Mid-Ohio Convoy on thrusday in the M835A1 (it think that is the official designation of a M818 with a 12' drop side bed and a turbo, I wasn't sure if 'C' or 'A1' is an apprioiate suffix) towing the M840/S-280 combo and the M35A2 towing a M105A2. Also, my mother, Liz, came down friday and my wife, Heather, came down saturday. Dad and I stayed the entire time, being the last to depart the campgrounds on sunday.

I am sure I speak for everyone in my family in saying we had a great time and I know I can't wait until we can do it again in late summer/fall!

Did the truck with the bad brake line make it ok?
As far as I know, Jerry made it home ok. He convoyed with us back to my house and then had about 15 miles to go to get to his house, I never got a phone call so I'm sure he made it. I'm sure he'll be on here to confirm that.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was there to keep Ferro out of trouble.I just gave up . Trouble finds him.

M35A2 with the M109 trailer

Had a great time. Great to see everyone and meet new people. Thanks everyone.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the first time in three years I made it there with a running truck.

M35A2
M105A1

steve

AMGeneral

First year at Haspin!!

I tried to keep Neil and Ferro out of trouble,didn't work.:doh:

I did pull Wreckerman, Bamalady and Elmo out of the Indiana mud with a "requisitioned" deuce at 0730 on Sat morning.:driver:
I appears I escaped having my photo taken the whole weekend.

I had the 3500 Dodge 4x4 dually and the gooseneck trailer with the 8N aboard.

Last edited:

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First year at Haspin!!

I tried to keep Neil and Ferro out of trouble,didn't work.:doh:

I did pull Wreckerman, Bamalady and Elmo out of the Indiana mud with a "requisitioned" deuce at 0730 on Sat morning.:driver:
I appears I escaped having my photo taken the whole weekend.

I had the 3500 Dodge 4x4 dually and the gooseneck trailer with the 8N aboard.
I have a picture of your truck and trailer.

Attachments

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the truck with the bad brake line make it ok?
Hello Gimp! Yes, made it back ok. I convoyed back with Sevin7 and his dad. Your trick fix worked beautifully and I am so thankful for your help and thoughtfulness! This was my first time to Haspin and it was a blast. Sevin7 and his family made me feel like I was part of the family and I want to thank them all for such a great time. I already have a lot of ideas for next year! Shawn I had a great time with our three truck convoy back to New Paris!
I met so many wonderful people and feel like I made a lot of new friends. This is such a great bunch of people - so glad that I went!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And your push lawn mower! NSN 3750-00-267-7057

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No problem, like I said, I've been there before. I wish I had more time to sit and BS with more of you. The antics from Friday had me in in rough shape most of Sat. Then while trying to help get the truck from Amelia out, I guess I missed the fun with Ferro and his cruise. I need a mini-me for these rallies, I think I will call him Kip. :)

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We (my son Brian, my dad Dale, and myself) arrived with the Mid-Ohio Convoy on thrusday in the M835A1 (it think that is the official designation of a M818 with a 12' drop side bed and a turbo, I wasn't sure if 'C' or 'A1' is an apprioiate suffix) towing the M840/S-280 combo and the M35A2 towing a M105A2. Also, my mother, Liz, came down friday and my wife, Heather, came down saturday. Dad and I stayed the entire time, being the last to depart the campgrounds on sunday.

I am sure I speak for everyone in my family in saying we had a great time and I know I can't wait until we can do it again in late summer/fall!

As far as I know, Jerry made it home ok. He convoyed with us back to my house and then had about 15 miles to go to get to his house, I never got a phone call so I'm sure he made it. I'm sure he'll be on here to confirm that.
Shawn - I made it with no problems. When you get ready to work on the hitch for the trailer dollies, just hollar and I'll be happy to help. Sorry that I didn't call....I reckon the lack of sleep finally caught up with me! Thanks for including me in your group and letting me tag along and showing me around. It was a great weekend. That 5 ton of yours is a torque monster!
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks