• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

Josh

AH. My alternator started yelling at me today. ****dest thing too, it only does it when the master switch is on. I need to grab a new one from brads. Looks like I'm driving up there on batteries.

hwcurtice

Put the hitch on the truck. :driver:

The lights are held up in Portland, OR. "Adverse Weather Conditions" by UPS.

Um, what adverse weather conditions are in Portland, OR right now? Too much sunlight?

Oh, and no new ETA on delivery. And I thought USPS was bad...:mad:

Backup plan is to get some 12v bulbs Friday night.

So, I have an offer of $60.00 for the NATO Cable... Any others? :mrgreen:

Stalwart

Just kidding, I have one. I took it apart for the ends and use them to charge batteries once in a while. Other times I charge individually to keep the batteries in balance.

So go back, get the interior shots. Oh and a video of it moving, to show Stalwart it drives just fine!

Then bring it home for us to play with on Saturday!
Ha ha it's on an island 700 miles away with no road access... I am reasonably sure he won't be attending...

He mentioned having to find a good mechanic and I bit my tongue... Kinda like BSA - proudly making mechanics out of men since the beginning of time!

I am not sure if he was aware of the hub issue - literally had owned it for ~8 hours by the time I saw it...

Matt

Stalwart

He'll have to learn the hard way! Wait til he has to do the points in the dist. . . . dual points, no big deal right? WRONG, they alternate breaking and making the circuit, they have to be set exactly 45 degrees apart AND the engine is static timed, NO strobe, to 1-3 degrees ATDC. All advance to come in from the centrifugal advance mechanism and advance starts at 1-200 RPM. This is to prevent breaking arms using a starting handle.

How about the dual hyd. systems that seem to take turns failing plus poor drum brakes. If he uses the 3rd pedal as a clutch, the transmission bands will be toast in a few miles. It's a gear change pedal, either fully in or fully out, nothing in between. If he has enough manuals he SHOULD be OK. Without them, he's toast.

I see a few members on the site from the Portland area, anybody want some company? As a perpetual lurker on these forums I don't know anybody's name / face yet. If there's no space or nobody coming up from here, consider this an RSVP for one from Portland.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks