• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
on a serious note I've been thinking about the GA rally and wanting to do one really bad. Yea i know crazy in a deuce. fuel. time off. ect. I was wondering who is actually wanting to go and can go? Josh and I forsure and I know Aaron and Dan said they said maybe... so yea. im crazy and so is josh lol
Scott,
he11 Ya!:driver:Road trip. WE can take a month of and live it up on the open roads of AMERICA!! And that idea is no wheres near crazy. :cookoo::tin hat:

Heck everybody else will be going the other way on their way to Alaska and the MVPA Al-Can trip. I have family in Norfolk VA that we can stay with as we re-energize for the trip down to GA.

He11 we can sell plasma along the way for gas money.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Loco_Hosa

He11 we can sell plasma along the way for gas money.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

From what I understand? Your hard pressed to get $350 a month for Plasma, and I can burn more than $350 of fuel per day in my truck.

Going to have to pick up some hippys along the way. Or do experimental drug testing. (Dont operate heavy equipment, so nothing bigger than a Deuce :p)

Oh! Best idea so far! Im going to need 700 gallons of WMO per truck (To go there and back), that is 14 barrels each, that's 5600lbs of waist oil in each truck.

This is perfectly reasonable and should be done. :p

srodocker

hehe

So i was thinking. maybe 2 weeks off of work next year. hauling WMO per truck wont be bad. i think the GA rally opens on weds. which to make it worth our time lets get there that day. and maybe leave early sunday. i'll have my camper trailer for the ride as well.

it is a offroad park so i'll be bringing the quad since i dont want to damage the deuce that far away LOL. will defiantly want at least another truck to go with me. I may have a enduro bike by then so if something happens unload it and take off for a part store.

I want to talk to USMC Corpal since he did the trip in a deuce and he can give his thoughts on it regarding which way to go there.

a must for this trip will be comms. I want to make it a straight shot there as well and not sure how many hrs a day of driving someone can do unless theres co drivers too.

so many ideas...

wsucougarx

LOL, wow that's going to be brutal Scott. I think Dave drove 5 days straight doing like 400-500 miles/day. That's going to be one heck of a trip. 5 days of driving followed by 4 days of driving and rally,then 5 days driving back.....you definately should get an award for that kind of driving;-) But hopefully not in the way of hemmoroids...haha

Firehound

That's my old M656!!!!!!! Lovely truck, we LOVED it, both of us! That is one of the least MOLESTED M656's left out there. I wish I had the room, I'd buy it back!

That old girl with the 395's would run all day at 60 mph at 2500 rpm. That isn't your typical Lds-465, it is the HIGHLY modified 465-2 that makes WAY more power! That engine was only used in those Fords, it is NOT a multifuel, gasoline wouldn't play nice with the much higher fuel flow of that engine.
You could park it on my lot if you are really interested... I got .5 acre sitting going to waste...

Loco_Hosa

hehe

So i was thinking. maybe 2 weeks off of work next year. hauling WMO per truck wont be bad. i think the GA rally opens on weds. which to make it worth our time lets get there that day. and maybe leave early sunday. i'll have my camper trailer for the ride as well.

it is a offroad park so i'll be bringing the quad since i dont want to damage the deuce that far away LOL. will defiantly want at least another truck to go with me. I may have a enduro bike by then so if something happens unload it and take off for a part store.

I want to talk to USMC Corpal since he did the trip in a deuce and he can give his thoughts on it regarding which way to go there.

a must for this trip will be comms. I want to make it a straight shot there as well and not sure how many hrs a day of driving someone can do unless theres co drivers too.

so many ideas...
Scott, I would absolutely love to join you on this fools errand. I will hopefully have 395s and my fuel turned up by then, which would make it a much better trip.

As far as comms, a cheap and dirty way to do it is the 15 channel hand helds from wallmart. Up to two miles on open road. Personaly, I am more a CB person myself, and hand held CBs can also be had for only $80.

On my recovery from LA I was on a piece of plywood with a pillow thrown over it, detoured to Garberville (Near Eureka) for a total of 1400 miles. Did the whole thing in 48 hours. I dont recommended that level of intensity to anyone ever. >.< I would not even consider doing this trip again without upgrading my tire size.

Everything aside, that could be an amazing road trip and I would take time off to do it!

Stalwart

You could park it on my lot if you are really interested... I got .5 acre sitting going to waste...
Thank you for the kind offer! Two nights ago I got a call from a local guy that seemed interested in it, and suspected I was the prior owner. I'm not going to go bid against someone who seemed so friendly and interested in the truck. I don't need it, I just don't want it to be scrapped or butchered like so many have.

Josh

hehe

so many ideas...
I did the math, Approx 5 days, at driving 12 hours a day @ 50MPH. Since if one truck still has 900's, they set the pace. Time to get some 395s, and a nice airride seat.

Ps scott, when then next time you going to Brads, and see what he wants for a set of those goodyears MVTs or what ever they are called.

goodguyzy

speaking of tires, im putting in a order at C&C. I'm getting the continentals and Goodyear 395's. If anyone else wants to add to this order to share shipping let me know. Ill be paying for the whole thing so if your serious please don't leave me hanging.