• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 6th Anual Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 16th-19th

devilman96

February 16th -19th
Better late than never on a posting hu? :)

Information and questions.. ssflrally@gmail.com

Guys this is a great event for the family!

Get your directions to the location here

Same games... Same plans for our 6th year!

An update on the property conditions... Its Dry... Dry Dry! Lots of changes to the property the biggest being a access road built though out and lots of available firewood.

VENDORS... (you're welcome to come and set up for free!)

The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer and RR groups. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards MV enthusiast of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Much has been asked about Trail Rides... They just never happen lol so dont ask!

Mud... a big hole of it! Its a swamp (even when dry)... were driving MV's what do you expect of us?

Shooting range... We will be (regardless of whom is stuck and where) holding the range again this year. All Class 3 owners (bring your stamp) as well as ALL firearm owners are welcome to bring out your toys. (class 3 be machine guns to the common folks) Also note... Due to 2 prior years of issues, expect stupidity!

In previous years we had a skeet area set up, hopefully Russel and Rick will oblige us with the same!

FOOD

Were doing the usual great cooking with a few changes due to demands... We will be backing off of lunches just due to the event and the timing of things. Everyone always lines up for breakfast and dinner but lunch is sparse or runs into dinner... To iron this out a bit were going to shoot for 2 times a day and get diner out earlier and available longer.

Menu TBA however expect the usual list of Prime rib, pulled pork, etc...

Showers... man thats much better!

We have a work crew showing up (your invited, seriously, come help!) on Feb 11-12

Port-a-potty's - on site

All camping is primitive... If you need it, you bring it.... RV's and travel trailers are welcome...

Pets are welcome... Mind the wild animals and or anything else they can get into. (still no bears around)

ATV's, carts, etc are welcome...

It's a family event so bring what you like but please keep your head about yourself!

Firewood is everywhere so please... burn it! (away from you gas cans)

The rules for the event are simple...

All firearms are to be kept SECURE in your vehicles except for during use in the RANGE AREA. NFA's bring your stamps!

Be respectful of fellow MV'ers, pets, children and native wildlife (especially young trees)

Mind designated "no drive" areas

This event is NOT a public function, bring what you like but if you are not a SS member OR dont have a MV in your group you WILL be turned away!

Have fun, enjoy yourself and be safe!

Event Entry Fees
ADVANCE PAYMENT REQUIRED

Weekend entry registration $60 per person.

Saturday only registration $30 per person.
Payment info... (A little different this year) Please make your payments via paypal by using ssflrally@gmail.com

Please Note: "Saturday only" passes... We have done this in the past and had issue after issue after issue... I am again going to extend this option for the 2011 rally which will include food all day, etc, etc. However if this becomes an issue again rather than unfairly screwing it up for everyone else in the future were going to opt for cuffing you to a tree and waiting (hours) for the sheriff dept to show up!

Children 12 and under are free but MUST register with their parents upon entry. (if ya leave them I want to know where to ship them back to!)

Keep checking back for updates! We will edit THIS posting as they come up!​

poppop

Hey Mike

I am really glad to see you putting on this great event again. I probably will not be able to make it but I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great time with great folks. De is sure the bears have moved in by now.:-D:-D:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there Thursday eve. Again considering not taking a deuce and instead the M1008. I can toss my cart in the M101A3 and when I get there, put the cover on the 101A3 and sleep there. I hear the path to the campsite is like a super highway compared to the swamp in years past. Primitive, yet hot, military showers will be in the mix as well. Best of all I won't have to wash or service my truck when I return home. Kids are so ready to go!

Dodge man

About time sucka! Headed to PP now!
:funny: Great! Count me in. I'm looking forward to it. Also headed to PP!

I have a new 4x4 truck and I'll be better prepared this year. I recently picked up a '66 jeep and I'll bring it along IF I can beg, borrow or steal a trailer. I have plans this weekend but I'll try to break away and come out and help with the setup. What do I need to bring in the way of tools? Chainsaw? shovel? axe? Any supplies? I'm only about 1 1/2 hour away so let me know if you need me to bring anything.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Week out. Looks like it might be another treffen vs rally. LOL, I love Pinzgauers too. Can't wait to see the 718s. Still on the fence on what iron to take.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never thought about it but yes, I will bring them. Anything else you need? Anyone else?

Stonepicker1

Looks like I'll miss going to this rally again:-(. Have to go to GA and AL to pickup my winnings[thumbzup] , Long shot, but on the way back, I might stop by on Sat to show everyone the crane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks