• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 6th Anual Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 16th-19th

J.Z.

Rally

Well,,looks like the better half made plans to go to the florida keys for the rest of the week,,so I will not be attending...I already paid via PP,,so maybe I could just get some SS stickers instead ...thanks guys have fun....

phil2968

I drove the 109 up and stuck her up in the trees. The site looks great thanks to the guys that did the land clearing. I did not see any standing water but the mud will still be there! This will be a blast! Met Mike on the way out, he was on the way in. I'll be there Thursday morning sometime.

Dodge man

Mike said:
Ya'll be safe and have a good time. Walter is out of state and I'm broke so others will have to step up and do the cooking.
What! No Walter = no MKT and no Mike = dishwasher, er, I mean cook! How are we going to survive? What are we going to eat? Devilman's sacrificed chicken? I've attached a picture in case you don't remeber what that was like!

Damm. Mike. you have to come!

Attachments

rbeasley66

How is evening going this year? I had a birthday party for a good friend at the fire dept. I needed to attend tonight and my last granddaughter's birthday party is tomorrow, Saturday, so I'm not able to attend this year. I hope the rain didn't hamper things to much today. Everyone have fun and someone had to get stuck. See you next year.
From the only Deuce driver to drive around the island in the swamp there :driver:

Pinz25086

Well I am not going to make it this year. Truck was loaded and running when I went in for the dog. It had quit when I came out. Did a quick filter change but could not get it going before dark. Went out the next morning (still dark out) and stepped in a rut twisting my ankle. Spent the next 4 hours at the emergency room with an avulsion fracture in my right ankle. I am now in a soft cast and on crutches with a bone doctor appointment next week. Hope that you all have a great time but I fear that I am down for awhile. I will be there next year!

Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having a blast here. Fire is roaring already. The prime rib was exceptional and the spagetti too. Rain has been only a mist and keeps the dust down. Plenty of stickage as well. The main road to the back has been raised and once again the motorhomes are bach here with the crowd. Reducing hot meals to 2 a day has worked out well as leftovers make great lunches. I like the fact that I know every single person by name makes for a pleasant rally.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk (WHICH REALLY SUCKS)

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't wait for pics!

What's the temperature down there?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Upper 50s @night and mid to upper 70s day time. Much cloud cover to filter the sun. Basically, great.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, wish I was there.

Hope everyone has a great time.

rbeasley66

Sorry I'm missing a great time Kenny, heading off to the granddaughters first birthday party now.
Wayne, bummer, hope you get better soon. It's the curse of the Pinz that got you. The Deuce curse is not near as bad..... [thumbzup]

jonflies

Anyone else having a hard time finding the rally besides me? I clicked the link for directions and it directed us to a place in Lake County. We drove there but didn't see anyone there.

Jonflies
aI4OM

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at your map, target the intersection of 33 and 561. Once there go 1 street north and head west. There will be a sign for seminole lake glider port. Press on past the glider port and bear left down the dirt road. Follow that to another dirt road called willowfork and turnleft. Follow that path until you see the 5th wheel trailer on right. Enter there. I'll keep checking back.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks