• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durango_USMC

It's probably open, I'm going and don't own an MV... How else am I going to learn about this stuff and meet some members before getting totally imersed in the hobby. PM Indy4x4fab to verify but I think its pretty open. Welcome to Steel Soldiers

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen an SS rally that was invite only. I guess there could be somewhere but it won't that way at Haspin. Show up and pick the brains of the truck owners. Not in a literal way, that sort of thing is frowned upon in threads.....

;-)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides, the brains of MV owners are so rotten, you would get sick eating them.....

Cigarjoe

I know the poll has more votes for the 3rd weekend, and people are saying it looks like the 3rd weekend but unless I'm missing it I don't anywhere in this thread that it IS the 3rd weekend. I need someone to pull the trigger on the date so I can get work taken care of. I will be there any weekend but the 2nd because as much as I like green trucks I like machine guns more.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, unfortunately if every rally was scheduled around every event there would be no rallies.

indy4x4fab

Banned
The dates are set the third weekend in oct. is when we ride. I have been able to round up mil. spec. bath water pump, and we will have showers for the first time ever at haspin where we will have for real water pressure. looks like I'll be bringing the m129 super camper for everyone to take showers in. we won't have it finished to the point where we can sleep in it but, there will be a shower, sink, running water, some stick framing, and electrical ran.

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Me and aubrey have been thinking about cooking dinner frinday night and possible saturday night for the hole crew. We figure it's always nice to have a warm meal that taste good on a cool evening night.

We where thinking beef ravioli, peaces, and pears friday night then do burgers, hot dogs, chips saturday night.

To keep this cheap and simple for everyone we figured maybe ether every one couple pitch in a little on each item, simply bring a couple of each item with each member.

This is just a thought but we figured we would put it out there and see what everyone thinks. Aubrey and I are willing to do all the cooking if a couple other members are willing to do the clean up (dishes).

Sparky if we bring a LP tank can we us your outdoor two burner stove?

gungearz

Hey indy, fortunately I deliver produce. Keep me posted. I can get all bell peppers, tomatoes and shallots all day long and get anything on noticed. Out of the produce market in chicago.

Augdog1964

Invite?

Don't want to throw a wrench in the plans, but we could probably host a close by get together so guys could see the tanks and IFVs if anyone is interested... if its a bad time, we could do something another weekend for Steel Soldiers guys...

Durango_USMC

Don't want to throw a wrench in the plans, but we could probably host a close by get together so guys could see the tanks and IFVs if anyone is interested... if its a bad time, we could do something another weekend for Steel Soldiers guys...
That would be awesome! Maybe on that sunday some of us could swing up and say hello and take a look at what appears to be quite the collection you have out there.

As for food and drink...

I can get bottled water and some 2 liter's of soft drinks to bring. I think I may have some gnarly MRE's somewhere too.rofl Just give me a final count and I'll make sure everyone has plenty to drink. I'd hate to see someone go down for dehydration.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been able to round up mil. spec. bath water pump, and we will have showers for the first time ever at haspin where we will have for real water pressure.
Unless you want to flail the skin off your body there have been showers before at Haspin rallies. 2011 Hdexpert brought his military shower and the year before there was a single shower for everyone that worked as well.

Since it is after the Georgia Rally I may even drive over in something if I can afford it afford buying an 813 and a MF Engine to replace my blown one, and going to GA.

gungearz

Alright guys, October 19th thru the 21st is the set date for the Haspin rally. If anyone in the chicagoland area or on route to haspin wants to convoy out on the morning of the 19th. PM me, so we can set up times and places. The wife and I are planning on leaving the 25th. So I might not be convoying back. Unless someone stays longer.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Unless you want to flail the skin off your body there have been showers before at Haspin rallies. 2011 Hdexpert brought his military shower and the year before there was a single shower for everyone that worked as well.

Since it is after the Georgia Rally I may even drive over in something if I can afford it afford buying an 813 and a MF Engine to replace my blown one, and going to GA.
The last three haspin rallies i have been to I never saw a shower, other then the ewww showers in the bath house at the main building that feel more like some ones using a super soaker to give you a shower with. I'm just making the offer, the water pressure is regulated down to 30-35 psi a hair below city water pressure coming in to my house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks