• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2012 Florida Richloam MV Rally**

GGimbert

Ok, here is a couple more.

1) The campground web site says they have camp sites for RV, and tent, as well as some with electric and water (as well as some without). What kind of site does our SS participation entitle us to? Electric and water or no?

2) Are we going to have a part of this place reserved to ourselves or will be be dispersed across the entire property at their discretion?

3) Do you know if there is a place nearby to get good dry fire wood or should I just buy some there and roll the dice?

Thanks,

Greg :)

caliber1

Well it still looks like I'm behind on my truck prep...anybody know how this happens?? 3 days of prep on loading and purchasing food...somehow I'm still out of time...

couple of key parts no showed for the snorkel so now if got to punt...

I guess I need to get back on the trucks, looks a little dark out there...maybe rain....

Hows everybody else?? READY???

Vinny
Don't worry Vinny, I'm not ready either. Still need to put my front boots on and change fuel filters. Stepdaughter and grandkids will be here thursday night.

1) The campground web site says they have camp sites for RV, and tent, as well as some with electric and water (as well as some without). What kind of site does our SS participation entitle us to? Electric and water or no?

2) Are we going to have a part of this place reserved to ourselves or will be be dispersed across the entire property at their discretion?

3) Do you know if there is a place nearby to get good dry fire wood or should I just buy some there and roll the dice?

Thanks,

I can bring some firewood Saturday, scrap lumber from the shop. Small stuff, but good to get a fire going.

flippydidit

Nobody should have to worry about firewood. We have tons of it at my place which is 10 minutes up the road. When we need more I'll go load up my truck and bring it to the site.

Vinny, I gave your information to Sheri at Florida Tactical Supply so they can be a vendor (better late than never?). I also slipped in to my VFW Post to let them know about our rally. Hopefully we'll get some of them to come out and schmooze with us. Also, on Sunday morning our VFW Post has breakfast for a low price. So if anyone wanted to come up there, they would be welcome as our guests.

vinny-socom1

Nobody should have to worry about firewood. We have tons of it at my place which is 10 minutes up the road. When we need more I'll go load up my truck and bring it to the site.

Vinny, I gave your information to Sheri at Florida Tactical Supply so they can be a vendor (better late than never?). I also slipped in to my VFW Post to let them know about our rally. Hopefully we'll get some of them to come out and schmooze with us. Also, on Sunday morning our VFW Post has breakfast for a low price. So if anyone wanted to come up there, they would be welcome as our guests.

Thanks I hope to here from them(Tactical Supply)

Vinny

vinny-socom1

Thanks,

Campground is split in 3 areas left side is kind of like a trailer park as in long term camping. Center is a couple of RV hook ups then the right side by the river, canoe ramp.

We reserve the entire right side area along the river which includes water and limited electric(5). Depending on who is hooked up to power it is possible to do more than one plug at a site. Its kind of an open area mark off with a tree line.

We have access to RV hook ups but at an additional cost.

I think we have the firewood covered if everybody that posted up about bringing wood.

You can check out last years multimedia thread for pics of the site/event.

Vinny

flippydidit

That's actually an awesome question. I have a truckload of firewood already loaded, and I want to dump it at the campsite before I turn and burn to load the camping gear. I'd also like to get my camo net set up as early as possible, so a solid time for us to show up tomorrow (earliest) would be important.

Vinny, Florida Tactical is going to be a no-show. They whined about some big TV football game going on this weekend, and they'd rather sit around watching guys slap each other on the butt than come out and take our money. Sissies.

GGimbert

Packed. Arriving about 3:30 and bringing a multi plug sure protector and 50 ft of ext cord. Hopefully I can get a nipple, I mean a plug, for my fridge. Warm crown and Dew not so good. :beer:

A

A/C Cages

Why didnt you mention you needed that while at the shop? I had my boat/rv ship to shore complete set up in the back of the Tahoe. 300' foot of cords, and several adapters for all types of hook ups. I wont be getting there till Sat and you will more then likely be gone.

GGimbert

I'll be good either way. I have a dual battery set up in the T4R but it is only good for about 18 hours. We usually don't stay in one place without power that long before we move on and get the recharge effect along the way. Its good to have options cause the boy likes his milk like his daddy likes his Dew - witch's teet COLD.

Where there is a will be a way.

Great to hear the fire wood is covered. I'm adding a couple of Duralogs to my growing pile to make sure the fire gets lit and a blazing with minimal effort. Stand one of these babys on its end and build a tee pee around it. Light it and forget it. :mrgreen:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be there about noon Friday. STILL trying to decide whether to tow the camper or a toy to play in........

vinny-socom1

PAINT......did not know you were a trailer queen kind of fella....

I'm doing my final packing.....ran into an issue with dead batteries thanks to the kids playing with the switch... I'm trying to be able to head out at 8:00am should get there about 9:00ish

Jesse I'll call you when we get there or you can head over around that time, Tim should be there around 8-8:30.

Vinny
352-258-1393 cell

All right put my steak on a plate for a snack tomorrow. I got 45 min out and had the radiator hose that goes to the oil cooler blow a hole. Pulled over and put on my work glove and pulled that b!tch out. Wrapped it in duck tape and headed home to replace it. Finally got it put all back together and heading out at 6AM to try and catch breakfast at 8 with you all. Have a great night and safe driving for everyone else. Ps. Check ur brakes before you really have to stop!!!

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Packing my snacks and stuff in the morning. Got the camper hooked up, truck washed, some touch-up PAINT in the morning and I'll be on my way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks