• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2012 Florida Richloam MV Summer Rally**

RAYZER

Alright Ray!!!! Are you bringing the Taj Mahal and deuce tractor? Oddball and I need a place to crash! If the tractor isn't finsihed, maybe Oddball or I can pull it over with a M818.
I do think that I'll have the tractor finished in time to pull the trailer!!
As far as house guests go,I'll have to ask the better half... I have a tent y'all can use!:)

caliber1

Vinnie, you getting shirts done for this one? Sorry, another question. Who's 5 ton pulled you out last time? :confused: Got the front brakes done, gonna start on the rears tomorrow night.:)Then the air pack and new MC.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do think that I'll have the tractor finished in time to pull the trailer!!
As far as house guests go,I'll have to ask the better half... I have a tent y'all can use!:)
Tent camping in June ain't for me. If Brenda does say ok, I have to remember my ear plugs. I can bring some extra for her, the chain saw gets loud when you tune up Ray! :shock:

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of days ago I was working on the engine of the vehicle I plan on bringing out to the get together and found out that what I thought was a bunch of noise from valves that badly needed adjustment was actually a couple of messed up camshafts along with 2 damaged rocker arms. I now have close to $1,000 in parts on order and if all goes well I hope to have it back up and running in time for the event. :)

caliber1

Gonna air condition my trailer this weekend and get it ready. Will load the grill next week Vinny. prolly drop the trailer Friday AM some time and come back out that evening with Lyn. Gonna take a shot at that air pack Saturday.:shock: All down hill from there.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ruppster, sounds like Murphy has been busy around your place. Good luck with the repair.
Yeah, that's why I'm not going to pre-pay for the get together as I don't want to jinx myself. :) Anyhow, I've attached a picture of the lobe on one of the cams.

Did get the 2 replacement cams I needed today but can't put the engine back together till I get the rocker arms. So while I'm waiting for the rest of the parts I'm going to take the rear suspension apart to clean out all the mud and re-grease the bearings in the suspension. Got all new wheel bearings coming but I hope the rest of the bearings in the suspension will be re-usable.

Ruppster

Attachments

caliber1

Yeah, that's why I'm not going to pre-pay for the get together as I don't want to jinx myself. :) Anyhow, I've attached a picture of the lobe on one of the cams.

Did get the 2 replacement cams I needed today but can't put the engine back together till I get the rocker arms. So while I'm waiting for the rest of the parts I'm going to take the rear suspension apart to clean out all the mud and re-grease the bearings in the suspension. Got all new wheel bearings coming but I hope the rest of the bearings in the suspension will be re-usable.

Ruppster
Ouch!!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I can make this event. Sounds like a lot of fun! :smile:

EDIT: I can't make it. A good friend passed away and I must attend her funeral. :cry:

Last edited:

Vfflang

Ok got the engine 80% back together reseated the values ,new top end gaskets, cleaned and painted.....

Picture tomorrow of course

ODDBALL007

Vinny put me down for Saturday day ticket n steak dinner. Ill pay u sat morning around 8 am if that's OK. I'm with tow4 camping in a tent ain't for me either.

caliber1

Ok got the engine 80% back together reseated the values ,new top end gaskets, cleaned and painted.....

Picture tomorrow of course
I'll try to get by later today. Gotta find a lock tab for my rear axle, effed one up yesterday. On a positive note, pulled nthe rear hubs and found brand new brake shoes.[thumbzup]

Vinny, check is on the way for Lyn and myself for Friday and Saturday and steaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks