• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK kids, we are going to shoot for October 12-14 for the 2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally . It will be around the same area as last year's rally, but in an area where there is not as much traffic. If anyone wants to tag along this weekend to do a scouting run let me know. Somebody mentioned we should call it Camp Deucebag. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
desert rally.

Where (approximately) is the desert area rally goiing to be held?

Is there some kind of membership or club association required to attend?

And what month (the 13th) is the tentative date?

Am interested in attending...

Thanks in advance for your reply.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter

It will prob be in the Stoddard valley area, north of Lucerne valley & Victorville, and the weekend of the 13th would be oct

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Membership...If you are on here you're in and more than welcome to come.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weekend of the 13th. would work for me. The following weekend would be a no go. Is this event taking the place of that other desert gathering?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, we're shooting for a early Sunday scout trip so we can beat some of the heat getting out of there.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I want to go, never hung out with M35 guys yet, but got a WWII Dodge truck BBQ to go to the 13th.

Gottlos already chimed on for the 13th so I ain't arguin'.

Will there be target practice?:beer:

donalloy1

Thats a pretty big Haul for me! With a little more advance notice I could make it work. Send Smoke Signals earlier next time please! Would REALLY like to hook up with Socal Chapter. DMLII sends...

navyninja

Count me in!! I was trying to get something together but no one has shown all that much interest. And if you do it the 13th I'll be able to come out for the whole thing. I go on deployment on the 20th. So **** yeah! Let's get this show on the road!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have talked to a few other people that have not posted up here yet and the weekend of the 13th is what we're looking at. We'll be headed out there Thursday evening after work and will be camping out for the weekend. Make sure to bring plenty of firewood.

offroadrunner

Another vote for the 13th weekend

Weekend of the 13th is good for me; should be able to get the required PM done by then, and I fly to the east-coast (to visit family) on the 19th. Any luck finding a better site yet?

Cheers,

navyninja

Alrighty, where exactly is it? I'll try and be up there ASAP after I get off work, if I can get the truck goin I'll drive it up but I have a whole lot of stuff to do. But if anything I'll drive my hummer.

Call me or text for updates on this meetup.
417-414-8544,
Cheers!
Aron

navyninja

Alrighty, where exactly is it? I'll try and be up there ASAP after I get off work, if I can get the truck goin I'll drive it up but I have a whole lot of stuff to do. But if anything I'll drive my hummer.

Call me or text for updates on this meetup.
417-414-8544,
Cheers!
Aron

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting a flat this weekend on the trails cut our recon mission short:(. We'll be out next weekend completing our mission.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly I can't make this as we have an airsoft event to attend that weekend. We will be making a run out to the Calico Mts probably in late Oct, early Nov. where shooting is allowed (the entire Stoddard area all the way to Barstow is shotgun only now).

I'll post something once we have some definate plans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks