• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Lex you read my mind. We will be headed up further north this weekend. How is that spot where you were at?

Lextreme

I was there last weekend. Lenwood Road is CLOSED from the 15. DONT GO THAT ROAD. Rather go from 15 to 58 and get off Lenwood on 58.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like our airsoft event has been postponed, so the Bad Karma crew just might make this afterall. There are some great spots to camp/shoot/ride in and around the Calico Mts. off of Mule Canyon Rd which is a pretty accessable dirt road off of Calico Rd. There are some large areas to camp in that are easy to get to, or go further back to limit access by the riff raff.

Google Maps

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better to go further back on Mule Canyon Rd. That area is still visable from Calico Rd and even the Hwy, better to be out of sight with all the big bad green iron and of course other toys.

Unless we all get a quick desert camo repaint.:whistle: I agree, out of plain sight is best.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless we all get a quick desert camo repaint.:whistle: I agree, out of plain sight is best.
DUG would be very happy with that idea.

Here's the first location up Mule Canyon Rd. This is heavilly used by campers and RV's most weekends.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=34.954408,-116.836081&spn=0.039746,0.089865

If you go further up E.Phillips (severe 4x4 rd at one point) or go east on Mule Canyon Rd to Tin Can Alley and take a left (how anyone without 4wd would need to go)...there are some really cool places up there that are far less traveled. An awesome natural arch in the rocks, mines, etc. If I recall there were several areas back there large enough to accomodate everyone.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We probably need to set in stone where we are going before everyone is willing to chime in and say they are indeed going.

That said, I'm pretty sure I will be going (M109) as well as the Bad Karma group (M35 + trucks and trailer) which adds another 5-10 people or so.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, kids here is the site we checked out this weekend and it has plenty of room for all of us, I mean even everybody here on this site. Was not sure how to cut and paste the coordinates, but you can copy it to Google and it will take you there.
34.98437,-117.114258

Pictuers are soon to come.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the trip is still planned for the weekend of the 13th then my escape and evade plans will be successful. Mother in law is coming for a visit. I'm outa' here:driver:.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the pinprobably isn't in the exact location, but that is private land. Need to go SW towards the white area to be on BLM land unless we have the land owners permission.

Are there hills or something for a shooting backdrop?

Looks like a large area, so no worries about having enough space.
The hills to the SW will be the backdrop. Computer is not wanting to cooperate to allow me to download pics. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks