• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

navyninja

They're gripes, the Navy uses them. It's got a big c-hook and and it's about 15 feet of chain. I can get about 10 of them. They're for holding down equipment on the deck of a ship.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remove one of those 0's and you are good to go! :beer:

If only it were that simple. :( I can see a vicious circle brewing. If I got an M109 I'd have to get rid of the M1009 and M416 (the 416 would look silly behind and M109) and get an M101. Then were to park it all. Would my wife be a widow, 'cause I'm pretty sure she would failure drill me. (Two to the body one to the head).

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks some kind of convoy up to the site would be cool? It would sure give other motorists something to see. 2cents

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love a good convoy (as long as there isn't a camera on my six that captures me running stop signs!) but I'm going up early Friday if not Thurs afternoon, so doubtful I can join anyone in that fun.

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love a good convoy (as long as there isn't a camera on my six that captures me running stop signs!) .

So much for bringing the Go Pro. ;-) If you turn on your flashy lights who would complain?:whistle:

I get off the graveyard shift at 0500. So I'll need a few hours of SLEEP. I'll probably depart between 1200 and 1400. That would put me in Victorville about 1400 to 1600, give or take a few pesky traffic lights.

Lextreme

Gents,

Drove my truck this morning around the corner to drop my daughter and noticing a radiator fluid smell and few seconds later I hear the belts squeaking. So I started to cruise downhill trying to make it home. No over heating but alternator belts were distroyed. The water pump is locked. Radiator fluiding leaking from the truck. Anyway, the water pump froze and locked. Looks like I wont make it to the meet, unless i can get my hands on a waterpump asap.

Last edited:

M1009 Fiend

gents,

drove my truck this morning around the corner to drop my daughter and noticing a radiator fluid smell and few seconds later i hear the belts squeaking. So i started to cruise downhill trying to make it home. No over heating but alternator belts were distroyed. The water pump is locked. Radiator fluiding leaking from the truck. Anyway, the water pump frozen and locked. Looks like i wont make it to the meet, unless i can get my hands on a waterpump asap.
if you need an extra set of hands replacing your waterpump i'm in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks