• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

Gripy

Yes Sir, I have a couple guys meeting at the pilot station RIGHT AROUND THAT TIME. :razz:

sounds good to me. Meet ya there, CB ch25 then?

ETA: what's the law of open fires there? Cause the city just cut down some trees and I snatched up ~100lbs of wood before they took it away.

Last edited:

M1009 Fiend

sounds good to me. Meet ya there, CB ch25 then?

ETA: what's the law of open fires there? Cause the city just cut down some trees and I snatched up ~100lbs of wood before they took it away.
I dont have a CB, so you can PM me for my cell #. I think we should get a final count for how is gonna meet up there say next Wednesday?

BLM Fire Restrictions, Palm Springs - South Coast Field Office, Bureau of Land Management, Since we are at the end of Fire season i dont see us being hassled for fires. Ill give the ranger station a call to see if we need a permit..

Gripy

i have a personal update. I will be leaving Thursday for the rally and then coming back home sat night. So who will be going out Thursday?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I can do a day trip up. I've been med down with a blown disc and completely missed this thread. Can someone pm me directions ?

Last edited:

Lextreme

Guys,,, spent couple hours changing the waterpump and discovered that was not my problem. My fan hit something and bend the blades and cut my radiator.

Right now I am in need a fan and a radiator asap. Anyone local have one, please let me know....

Last edited:

Cycletek

How about that salvage yard that FASTNOVA pointed out up by Barstow? It is at these coordinates 34.921375,-117.124724.......worth a shot i guess.......maybe.......:popcorn:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a good set of directions they can PM me? I'm what you might call - navigationally challenged. We intend on arriving around 0730 Saturday and staying for the day. I don't want to waste any valuable time getting lost.

Also, if you need seats I will have these in the back of my truck - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/parts-sale/86688-spring-box-seat.html

Thanks.

Last edited:

Barneyszoo

Phil
That was an event from another board!!
To answer your question I'm not sure that one was up near Calico I think?
BH
Yes G, that was on another board. But there was a 5 ton at that event thought maybe someone made the jump from CG to SS. I think its all the same BLM clean up area.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I,ll ask the guy we use to recore radiators tomorrow what he charges for one. You can also ask Hundy, he might have a used radiator and fan for you.

M1009 Fiend

Looks like I can do a day trip up. I've been med down with a blown disc and completely missed this thread. Can someone pm me directions ?
If you are coming up from wildomar,

- I would take the 15north to Barstow road,
-turn left on Barstow rd
-left onto main st,
-right onto 1st st
-left onto Irwin rd
-left onto cooper city road.
-based on provided coordinates the campsite should be about 8.5 miles down off to the left of the road.

Is any one going to thrown up some signs to get there?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm gonna need a little help from my SOCAL Dirtbag Dez homies. I'm nursing a blown disc in my back and waiting on word for surgery. Anyways, I'm bringing my kid's little 50cc ATV so in case walking around all day Saturday (we are planning for a 0700 arrival and a late return) makes things painful I figured I could putt around as needed. Kinda like a Dirtbag Hoverround chair.

We can get it loaded and unloaded fine at my AOR, I'm hoping a couple of you guys can assist my crew lifting it out and back in when we are up there.

LMK if you can help a beat down 45 year old vet out. :) LOL.

See you guys Saturday.

Last edited:

Lextreme

Guys... I took 3 days off work and wife approved and now truck wont run. I am dying to be there...... Radiator shot.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks