• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Wis Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Act

undysworld

To All,

This is an open letter to you, from Sen. Grothman's aide Regina, with whom we've been working to draft the bill:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kolbow, Regina" <Regina.Kolbow@legis.wisconsin.gov>
Date: February 6, 2012 8:23:00 PM CST
Subject: CLARIFICATION: WI LEGISLATIVE ALERT - MOTOR VEHICLE ENTHUSIAST -YOUR ACTION NEEDED

I am writing to clarify the intent of LRB 3267/1 The Registration Rights Act. There seems to be some confusion and I want to illuminate a few things. First, Senator Grothman is a supporter and protector of the collector car industry and all the specialty vehicles in this state. He is also a recognized SEMA legislative member. (SEMA supports our bill by the way, but they are waiting to speak out on it until it gets a bill number)

I am going to make an incredible long story short so if you want the long version call me....

Over the last few years we have seen the Wisconsin DOT become increasingly hostile towards specialty vehicles owners (collector cars, imports, military vehicles, anything not a Prius, etc). Most of you are aware of the TRANS 123 show down in which we temporarily stopped an extremely damaging administrative code proposal to the collector hobby. The problem is that the people in the DOT who are behind that administrative code proposal still work at the DOT and their philosophies will continue to assault specialty vehicle ownership until the Legislature passes a law to stop them. LRB 3267/1 is an attempt to protect ALL vehicle owners and LOOSEN current registration restrictions.

The following are a few examples of what has lead to this bill - this is however only a drop in the bucket. CURRENTLY the DOT has asked owners to produce paperwork that never existed or no longer exists. If they can't or don't, registration is denied. Other times the DOT claims a car doesn't meet safety standards even if the vehicle clearly does and they deny registration. The owner has no ability to get a second opinion except through a costly and time consuming court appeal. The DOT has also made owners jump through many hoops at great cost to them, to only in the end deny registration anyway. OUR BILL LRB 3267/1 is an attempt to stop this nonsense. We can't guarantee that this is a cure-all because the DOT I am sure will continue to cause trouble, but this is a step in the right direction. If you would like other examples of the DOT garbage our bill is attempting to stop, let me know.

Some folks are wondering "why the 5 alarm fire". It's not one. (Note: the legislative session ends in April and our bill has the best chances of passing in the current political environment) This bill has been in the process of being drafted for the last six months. We had to get it written right first. That is why you haven't heard about this bill until now. Introducing a bill and asking other legislators for support is the first part of the legislative process. We do have limited time to get the bill through the legislature and get the Governor to sign it. So things will move quickly in the next month or so.

The more support we can garner the faster this thing will move. That is why it is so crucial that you contact your legislators and ask them to sign on. If you have contacted your legislators and either sent a vague email or have come out a against this bill, it is imperative that you contact them via their office phone number and clarify your position. You need to specify that you support LRB 3267/1 - this will cut down on any confusion inside the Capitol. Also, please forward this to your friends and family - anyone who also needs some clarification and can help us get this bill passed.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Sincerely,

Regina Kolbow
Office of Senator Grothman
Room 10 South, State Capitol
Phone: 608-266-7513
Toll Free: 1-800-662-1227

Senator Grothman's State of the Family Report

*All communications are subject to open records under Chapter 19, Wis. Stats.

....BUMP....

To anyone involved,
Make sure you contact your Rep. and ask friends and family to do the same.
The ball is rolling, now it needs us to give a push to keep it rolling.

Check this thread for more information, it is one of the few ways to stay in contact.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I am responding with the same note in both this post and the one started by Jeff.

I juat got off the phone with a representative I know that has a Jeep and is buying a trailer from me. He doesn't like the HMV law as written because of the limited use on even him. The sad part of my conversation with him though is that he hasn't heard a single word on eaither of these bills yet. I just sent him the bill numbers and the run down of what we are hoping to accomplish with both of them. He told me that he will get the info together tomorrow and get on as a co-sponsor right away. Please take the time to contact your reps and let them know these bills exist. My fear is that we are not making our case known and this will fall by the wayside.
Thank you.

undysworld

Today is the final day for legislators to sign on to co-sponsor this bill. If you haven't contacted your Wisconsin legislator, do it NOW!

A big Thank You to all who have helped to support this bill!

REMEMBER: This is the FIRST step! Stay tuned!!

I think we will have Rep. Duey Stroebel on board.
We need to post a sponsor/co-sponsor list as soon as it is available. If your Rep's are not signed on today they still can sign when the bill is brought to the floor.
So keep the pressure on.

undysworld

Thanks for the efforts everybody!

This was the first step, and there are more coming up. Dr. Greg is right, the need for support goes on. Besides co-sponsors, we also need general support (votes), first within the Transportation committees and then in the general houses. We will be posting the next step soon.

Good idea of posting co-sponsors, etc. I'll see what I can do about that info.

Keep tuned, and keep up the efforts!!

Paul

undysworld

Just out from Sen. Grothman's office, here is a list of our co-sponsors and confirmed supporters. Note, the list of supporters may NOT be comprehensive - they are the ones I've been given so far.

We have gathered several additional Co-Sponsors to the bill. Here is the full list of Sponsors:

Senators: Grothman, Erpenbach, and Wanggaard

Assembly Representatives: Wynn, Petrowski, Strachota, Thiesfeldt, Endsley, Kestell, Kerkman, Stroebel, Marklein, A. Ott, and Krug

Supporters: Sen. Schultz, Sen. Holperin, Rep. Tiffany, Rep. Pridemore

We're moving forward. Stay tuned for updates. This legislation might move very rapidly.

Cheers,
Paul

Just out from Sen. Grothman's office, here is a list of our co-sponsors and confirmed supporters. Note, the list of supporters may NOT be comprehensive - they are the ones I've been given so far.

We have gathered several additional Co-Sponsors to the bill. Here is the full list of Sponsors:

Senators: Grothman, Erpenbach, and Wanggaard

Assembly Representatives: Wynn, Petrowski, Strachota, Thiesfeldt, Endsley, Kestell, Kerkman, Stroebel, Marklein, A. Ott, and Krug

Supporters: Sen. Schultz, Sen. Holperin, Rep. Tiffany, Rep. Pridemore

We're moving forward. Stay tuned for updates. This legislation might move very rapidly.

Cheers,
Paul
Ha, 2 for 2, in my area.
Some good support there, let's hope it moves rapidly in the right direction.

undysworld

Basic information about the Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Bill is available at Alfa Heaven.

YOUR efforts have paid off. Enough comments reached the legislators that we got several to sign on as Co-Sponsors.

We have now reached Phase 2. Our bill has reached the legislature, and will now be heard by the Senate and Assembly Transportation Committees. Members of both committees have signed on as co-sponsors of the bill. We met with most of the committee members and other influential legislators and/or their staff to answer any questions they might have. Our bill has strong bi-partisan support.

There will be either joint or separate hearings held as soon as next week. We will announce the date/time as soon as it is announced. You may attend the hearing/s, but it is not necessary that you do in order to voice your opinion. You can sign up, on-line, IN FAVOR of SB-462 and it's companion Assembly Bill. You only need to enter your name and address. It's easy and can be done in one step.
Click HERE, to register IN FAVOR.

If you decide to attend the hearing, you can choose to speak or not, but either way you can register IN FAVOR of the bill. We will have several key people scheduled to speak and answer the legislators questions. Having too many people speak may actually be detrimental to our efforts, because the hearing schedule is very tight and we do not want to overwhelm the committees with too much testimony. Simply registering IN FAVOR, either in person or on-line is sufficient.

If you are unable or otherwise unwilling to register on-line, there are other options. You can call us with your information, and we will add you to the list. Paul - 608 437-3465 or Tom - 715 449-2141

THIS IS NOT THE END. We will likely need to take other steps to ensure the passage of our bill. Please stay tuned and involved.

Thank You for your continued support and efforts,
Paul Underwood
Tom Zat
Curt Rymkus

Please forward this email to any concerned citizens.

If YOU wish to be added to our group email notification list, please email us at:
MVRegistrationRights@Yahoo.com

trukhead

Basic information about the Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Bill is available at Alfa Heaven.

YOUR efforts have paid off. Enough comments reached the legislators that we got several to sign on as Co-Sponsors.

We have now reached Phase 2. Our bill has reached the legislature, and will now be heard by the Senate and Assembly Transportation Committees. Members of both committees have signed on as co-sponsors of the bill. We met with most of the committee members and other influential legislators and/or their staff to answer any questions they might have. Our bill has strong bi-partisan support.

There will be either joint or separate hearings held as soon as next week. We will announce the date/time as soon as it is announced. You may attend the hearing/s, but it is not necessary that you do in order to voice your opinion. You can sign up, on-line, IN FAVOR of SB-462 and it's companion Assembly Bill. You only need to enter your name and address. It's easy and can be done in one step.
Click HERE, to register IN FAVOR.

If you decide to attend the hearing, you can choose to speak or not, but either way you can register IN FAVOR of the bill. We will have several key people scheduled to speak and answer the legislators questions. Having too many people speak may actually be detrimental to our efforts, because the hearing schedule is very tight and we do not want to overwhelm the committees with too much testimony. Simply registering IN FAVOR, either in person or on-line is sufficient.

If you are unable or otherwise unwilling to register on-line, there are other options. You can call us with your information, and we will add you to the list. Paul - 608 437-3465 or Tom - 715 449-2141

THIS IS NOT THE END. We will likely need to take other steps to ensure the passage of our bill. Please stay tuned and involved.

Thank You for your continued support and efforts,
Paul Underwood
Tom Zat
Curt Rymkus

Please forward this email to any concerned citizens.

If YOU wish to be added to our group email notification list, please email us at:
MVRegistrationRights@Yahoo.com
[thumbzup] :not worthy:

I copied the Http..........act-4:html#1063936 from the browser and sent it to my yahoo friends and told them to go there (here) and read and click here

undysworld

Congratulations! Your efforts are paying off! Our bill has progressed to Legislative Committees, which is where they review it and hold hearings on it. Keep up your hard work. We will continue to give direction as this keeps moving ahead.

The bill now has it's Legislative Names: SB-462 / AB-580.

IMPORTANT: Starting Now, use the Bill Name SB-462 / AB-580 in all communications with your legislators.

WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
Register IN-FAVOR For Hearings​
We still need your support for the upcoming hearing/s on this bill. We will post the time/date of hearings, but you can click to register IN FAVOR of this bill now, on-line.
Note: You should only register once, but have every Wisconsin citizen you know register.
Note: The sign-in reads "SB-462 and it's Companion Assembly Bill" because of a delay in getting the AB # assigned. We can't change the heading now. This registers you for SB-462 / AB-580.

Contact the Transportation Committee Members​
E-mail them all, or phone them all. Tell them that you support the Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Bill, and urge them to swiftly pass SB-462 / AB-580. Be short and polite. Here are the members of the Transportation Committees for the Senate and the Assembly:

Sen.Lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov chair 608 266-5400
Sen.Leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov vice-chair 608 266-2056
Sen.Lasee@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3512
Sen.Erpenbach@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-6670
Sen.Coggs@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-2500

Rep.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov chair 608 266-1182
Rep.Farrow@legis.wi.gov vice-chair 608 266-5120
Rep.Ott@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-5831
Rep.Stone@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-8590
Rep.VanRoy@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0616
Rep.Honadel@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0610
Rep.Ripp@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3404
Rep.Endsley@legis.wi.gov 608 266-0656
Rep.Knilans@legis.wi.gov 608 266-7503
Rep.Steinbrink@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0455
Rep.Vruwink@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-8366
Rep.BernardSchaber@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3070
Rep.Jorgensen@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3790
Rep.Bewley@legis.wi.gov 608 266-7690
Rep.Coggs@legis.wi.gov 608 266-0960

Stay Tuned For The Next Update...​

For any new members of our notification group, click HERE for extra background info about the bill, including a plain-English (not Legalese) description of what the bill does and quotes from WisDOT workers which may shock you.

undysworld

The war continues...

We won a big fight Wed., when the Dept. of Admin. overturned DOT's denial on a 1985 D-10 Blazer. Wis. DOA Case# TR-11-0016

It looks like military Blazers are once again legal in Wisconsin. WisDOT has a history of sidestepping the Appeal court's orders, as in the case of the Pinzgauers. We'll see if they honor this one.

I'll have another post later today on the next steps.

Stay tuned, and thanks for your continued support.

You guys are making this happen!

undysworld

Re: Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Bill - SB-462 / AB-580

Don't Let This Bill Die!

DOT is applying enormous pressure to try and kill this Bill. (That probably indicates how much this bill is in your best interests.) Without your efforts, they will succeed.

We expect a Public Hearing on this soon. We may not have much advance notice. STAY TUNED for updates, if you wish to attend. In case you have not yet registered IN FAVOR, do it on-line HERE.

Urgent Action Needed

Contact the following officials. They are listed in order of importance. Please contact them all, or at least reach the most important ones.

Tell Them:
* I am strongly IN SUPPORT of SB-462 / AB-580.
* I want you to move this bill to a vote before this session ends.
* I want you to VOTE YES on this bill.

Gov. Scott Walker
govgeneral@wisconsin.gov
608 262-1212

Sen. Scott Fitzgerald
Sen.Fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov
608 266-5660

Rep. Jeff Fitzgerald
Rep.Fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov
608 266-2540

Sen. Mary Lazich - Chair Senate Transportation Committee
Sen.Lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov
608 266-5400

Rep. Jerry Petrowski - Chair Assembly Transportation Committee
Rep.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov
608 266-1182

Your Own Senator and Assembly Rep.
In case you do not know who they are, or how to contact them, please go the Wis. Legis. page, Who Are My Legislators?

The remaining Transportation Committee Members:
Sen.Leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov vice-chair 608 266-2056
Sen.Lasee@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3512
Sen.Erpenbach@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-6670
Sen.Coggs@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-2500

Rep.Farrow@legis.wi.gov vice-chair 608 266-5120
Rep.Ott@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-5831
Rep.Stone@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-8590
Rep.VanRoy@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0616
Rep.Honadel@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0610
Rep.Ripp@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3404
Rep.Endsley@legis.wi.gov 608 266-0656
Rep.Knilans@legis.wi.gov 608 266-7503
Rep.Steinbrink@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-0455
Rep.Vruwink@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-8366
Rep.BernardSchaber@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3070
Rep.Jorgensen@legis.wisconsin.gov 608 266-3790
Rep.Bewley@legis.wi.gov 608 266-7690
Rep.Coggs@legis.wi.gov 608 266-0960

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks