• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2013 Florida Military Vehicle Rally**Fall Event**

stalker

Just a heads up. It is archery season in Richloam this weekend unlike previous years events and if checked while on Richloam property will be required to have a hunting license and management area stamp unless under 16 years of age.

RAYZER

Just a heads up. It is archery season in Richloam this weekend unlike previous years events and if checked while on Richloam property will be required to have a hunting license and management area stamp unless under 16 years of age.
So is trail riding without risking a fine for no permit possible?

stalker

Possible and normally I would say even likely, but archery is a usually a still hunt and the hunters usually do not appreciate people or vehicles stirring up the place. One cell phone call from a pissed off hunter in a tree stand to the authorities could get a curious/bored Wildlife officer to respond. I'd say 50/50.

RAYZER

Public Access And Vehicles:

Open to public recreational access year round.Persons operating vehicles must enter and exit only at a designated entrance.Vehicles may be operated on named or numbered roads shown on the map only.Parked vehicles may not obstruct a road, gate or firelane.No motor vehicle shall be operated on any part of any wildlife management area that has been designated as closed to vehicular traffic.Tracked vehicles, all-terrain vehicles and airboats are prohibited.A marked footpath called the Florida Trail traverses the area. This trail is open to hikers throughout the year

stevegr

Just called FWC. The nice lady said that the hunters cannot hunt any earlier than a 1/2 hour before sunrise and any later than a 1/2 after sunset. Sounds like some night trail riding is in order.

RAYZER

Just called FWC. The nice lady said that the hunters cannot hunt any earlier than a 1/2 hour before sunrise and any later than a 1/2 after sunset. Sounds like some night trail riding is in order.
I'm not a hunter but, do these "bow hunters" stay in their tree stands all day, or more in the mornings and late afternoons when the deer are more likely to be moving around and feeding?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's year round public use and that means anyone. You don't have to be a hunter or have a hunting license to go in the woods. As long as you aren't carrying a firearm or bow in this case, it's hard for them to say you are hunting and give you a ticket for no license.

The hunters that are hunting will not be near any roads. For that matter, I would be surprised if there isn't a rule that says you can't hunt from or within a certain distance of a road.

With that said, I would stick to marked roads, we wouldn't want someone shooting a Deuce....:wink:

vinny-socom1

It's year round public use and that means anyone. You don't have to be a hunter or have a hunting license to go in the woods. As long as you aren't carrying a firearm or bow in this case, it's hard for them to say you are hunting and give you a ticket for no license.

The hunters that are hunting will not be near any roads. For that matter, I would be surprised if there isn't a rule that says you can't hunt from or within a certain distance of a road.

With that said, I would stick to marked roads, we wouldn't want someone shooting a Deuce....:wink:
Thanks for replying to this. I looked into this many years ago and was told the same, if you don't have a firearm or bow you don't need a hunting license. I think it would be hard pressed for a FWC officer to give you ticket while your in a convoy trail riding.

Vinny

vinny-socom1

I would love to do a night ride! nothing to hard or rough just a nice cruise!

Vinny

stevegr

My friend Sandy and I are planning on arriving there at around 19:30 tonight. What time do ya'll plan on doing the night ride?

stalker

Yes public use means anyone..... as long as you have proper qualifications. Our group usually takes it as a given that we all know that you need to have a licensed and insured vehicle to drive in Richloam as well as a valid drivers license to operate the vehicle and yes you are correct that as long as you do not have a firearm (I personally do not know who may have one in a vehicle or on their person) or bow that you do not have to have a hunting license, but one thing that I believe most folks in the group do not know is that in order to access the property with the proper qualifications during any hunting season you must have a current management area stamp. I am simply trying to place the info out there so that educated decisions can be made and everyone should do their own due diligence; I did by calling FWC at (863) 648-3200 to verify what I already believed I knew from 25 years of Florida hunting before I posted. Personally I think that a FWC office would have to be a complete jerk to give us (the ones that will be in Richloam) tickets but on the same hand I have dealt with them several times over the years and they have been less than openly friendly most of the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks