• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS thread.

Then you would hate the cell towers we are building next month. 280 feet to the lower platform, still have to engineer a pulling system to pull our power cables up there.

212sparky

not yet, need to get an IBC tote next week and a pump and some pipe to drain the transformer it in to. got the transformer for 200. figure the fule paid for it plus the scrap is gravy on top.

eagle4g63

Forgot to tell you I guess at the fall rally..........I was running on some then[thumbzup].......also had quite a few of the jugs were NEVER opened.........so kept some of them for use in my fryer:beer:

eagle4g63

Just let me know........I can always use another tote.....be happy to cover the charge for it that way, just check it out first......you might get some new oil for yourself to fry with!!!

212sparky

yeah i can save those ones to the side. mineral oil i hear runs good but it is dry so i will be mixing in UMO and filtering it down to 1 micron.

eagle4g63

Been buggin my wife to try to talk to the Nipsco people up here and see about the transformer oil........she works with a lot of the higher ups there so might help get my foot in the door.

212sparky

it is good stuff. your standard pad mount transformer behind McDonald has 181 gallons in it. they add up fast. as long as it is mineral oil you are good, but some of the newer insulating fluids is silicone so just have to watch out for that. Also xfmr oil in a Newtonian fluid so it gets thicker when cold.

eagle4g63

So.......you got one of those for 2 bills.........I know you work on electric......but how did you manage to purchase one.......something special, cause you are in the line of work or is that something that goes bad and anyone can buy the bad one?

212sparky

i got it from an auction of a company that shut down. They had there own 12470 volt distrubutiion and i guess they replaced it in the past and kept it. so they closed and auctioned it off. i was buying some other stuff and next thing i knew i have a 5500 pound xfmer to go pick up.

eagle4g63

Sounds like you bid on almost anything:-D..........did you ever do anything with that big heater/air-conditioner you had in the back of your truck last time?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks