• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok it seems that a break down in,comms seems to happen durring the rides.
Haspin Acres is a big place, but not that big that you'll get lost forever. The main trails are always well-patrolled, and the back areas we only really go out on in groups, so you'll have good company.

When I went there in 2010, I had a M37 with me that I picked up on the way there (eBay purchase), the vehicle was missing the exhaust manifold heat shield, which caused the engine to frequently suffer from vapor lock due to the M37's fuel pump being so close to the exhaust manifold. Anyways, I chugged to a stop several times in the park by myself, and I just hung out and waited, within 5-10 minutes someone came along in a green vehicle and asked if everything was okay and did I need a pull home. So, bottom line is, CB radios aren't even really necessary there unless you love talking on one.

212sparky

We have had issues of the groups breaking up. The front thinks the back is ready and we get broken up. That is where comm systems are good.

augiedoggy

I totally agree, everybody is cruising along fine when ferro tries some dukes of hazard stunt in the woods and the front
trucks continue on and miss the excitement (hence the t-shirt). A little communication would help a lot.
Also often a trail ride will head out before someone is ready and winds up driving around searching for the main group.

I'll bring my handheld CB to listen in at least.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FRS radios are another line of site radio alternative. Most folks have one or three around the house.

Cigarjoe

I have a line on fuel and will be selling it at the rally. I don't know how many I can bring in my M1008 but I know could probably get six 55 gallon drums in it. So the price will be $120 for a 55 gallon drum. You will be responsible for unloading at Haspin and if you can't do it Thursday then don't buy any because I don't want to wait for people to show up and not be able to trail ride. I will sell them in order of PM's received and will load as many as I can. It looks like this will be an ongoing thing so I will run ads in the classifieds from here on out.

212sparky

I have a line on fuel and will be selling it at the rally. I don't know how many I can bring in my M1008 but I know could probably get six 55 gallon drums in it. So the price will be $120 for a 55 gallon drum. You will be responsible for unloading at Haspin and if you can't do it Thursday then don't buy any because I don't want to wait for people to show up and not be able to trail ride. I will sell them in order of PM's received and will load as many as I can. It looks like this will be an ongoing thing so I will run ads in the classifieds from here on out.
Is this taxed diesel?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So let me get this straight, you are selling fresh diesel in 55 gallon drums for $120?

Cigarjoe

I am doing business with a place that needs it taken away and they don't want to deal with it. I am getting it at low enough cost that I can pass it on and still make money and save others money. All this diesel has been in the tank it was in for less than a month, if that when I take it out. I would keep it all if I had the storage and could use it fast enough.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
joediveguy is coming by tomorrow afternoon with a utility trailer and a cutting torch, so we can start the process of loading gimpy's M101 trailer frame/axle/etc. for the trip out there. Have to remove the scrap body from his frame, then load to the utility trailer, as his trailer frame has no hitch, and no road-worthy tires. Will be glad to get his iron out of my front yard after 8 months.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
joediveguy is coming by tomorrow afternoon with a utility trailer and a cutting torch, so we can start the process of loading gimpy's M101 trailer frame/axle/etc. for the trip out there. Have to remove the scrap body from his frame, then load to the utility trailer, as his trailer frame has no hitch, and no road-worthy tires. Will be glad to get his iron out of my front yard after 8 months.
Does it have rims and tires? I don't remember!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has rims and tires, but the tires are 40+ years old and don't hold air. They would not survive being towed down the interstate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks