• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is amazing how Adam's life gets in my way......LOL:mrgreen:
I am sorry I won't make it this year. I was so hoping to break my M37's cherry on the trails at Haspin.

Now I have to wait until Graves Mtn................

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok!

I'm already going to try to get as many guys over to move as many of the trucks at once over to the new place in a convoy, do some 'Shock and Awe' on the new neighbors!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got ya covered. 5 mowers, but no decks, Lol...

But, are you bringing the grass trimmer?

Stretch you are a character.

No, I am not bringing the trimmer either. I am going to rough it - with bug spray instead.

Ya' know, . . . it sure is a shame that you have all those mowers and can't cut a single blade of grass. I understand taking off the belly mower decks for off roading. Maybe you could repurpose one or two of the removed decks. Make a pull-behind mower on a drawbar or 3-point. Either power it with it's own motor or a pto shaft/belt. C'mon, put that common sense engineering/fabrication mind to work ! I know you can do it !
:wink:..... [thumbzup] ....:beer: ...... :twisted:

Last edited:

jdknech

Where are you planing to set the generator up at in the campground?

I hooked my m971 trailer up to my small generator last night, kicked on AC unit #1, and it didn't even stumble.. Then I kicked on AC unit #2.... And it killed the 4000 watt generator :/ oops lol
If your close enough to hook up, I might work something out with you, but if not, I'm bringing my "larger" gen (7000 watt)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rob,

Can you park it farther away from the shelter this year. It is tough to hear anything when it is running.

Thanks

212sparky

Yeah I have 100 feet of feeder to my 120 / 240 breaker box and 150 foot leads with boxes on that. It needs to be known that nobody can drive over my leads for safety reasons.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I have 100 feet of feeder to my 120 / 240 breaker box and 150 foot leads with boxes on that. It needs to be known that nobody can drive over my leads for safety reasons.
I think SS members won't be driving over your cabling. Haspin riders on the other hand, are bound to ignore any roped off areas and drive wherever.

Wonder if you could feed it in some kind of conduit, for running it across road areas. Or string it over head.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stretch you are a character.

No, I am not bringing the trimmer either. I am going to rough it - with bug spray instead.

Ya' know, . . . it sure is a shame that you have all those mowers and can't cut a single blade of grass. I understand taking off the belly mower decks for off roading. Maybe you could repurpose one or two of the removed decks. Make a pull-behind mower on a drawbar or 3-point. Either power it with it's own motor or a pto shaft/belt. C'mon, put that common sense engineering/fabrication mind to work ! I know you can do it !
:wink:..... [thumbzup] ....:beer: ...... :twisted:
Ha, I barely mow my own grass, no way I'm mowing someone else's!

And for you and SW, duck tape=common sense engineering! I've moved on to cable ties.

jw4x4

:wink:..... [thumbzup] ....:beer: ...... :twisted:[/QUOTE]

I have a 932A1 and can't pull a single 5th wheel trailer with it. Only pintle hook. Some things are re-purposed and assigned different duties. Besides, Stretch's mowers wouldn't do a very good job cutting grass. Waaaay to fast for an acceptable cut and the front wheels are quite often off the ground. Deck pulleys rob too much horsepower anyway. :grin: