• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Matt1970M35A

You think that will handle my phone charger? :)~ LOL
Ill have a deep freezer and fridge running. Thinking ill need to power them mid day and then let them run at night with the ac. I might could use a plug in mid day.
But I will have a 2kw diesel set that I can use. So don't load it up just for me.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only used a generator once in 5 years over there. The fridge uses propane in the trailer and the lights are 12v.

LindsayMaeK

Does lindsey need any help with desserts? If so let me know :)
Yes, feel free to bring whatever you'd like. We were only there a couple of days in the Fall and we ran out, so this time I'm sure we could use a bunch! I'm making a few different kinds of cookies, some brownies, and cupcakes. I've just been having a time trying to find things that won't melt so easily!

Matt1970M35A

Er, I wouldn't take that to the bank. Looks like Me, Angie, and JP will not be in attendance this year, due to me having to move. Figures, the year I make the T-shirt, I can't even go!:cry::cry:
Sorry to hear you wont be at attending this year :( No Gimpy No Ferro No OilCan No DogHead. I fell like I'm last of the Mohicans.
Hope you get settled in to you new place. Best of Luck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope this doesn't become a shell of a rally. Anyone who attends this and the GA Rally, please make it a point to see me at the GA Rally.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto is laughing right now. He's been holding a rally in October that has gotten bigger no matter the year, Haspin on the other hand is still big, but seems to be losing the core people who made it great in the first place. Economy? Lack of interest? I don't know. I want to not blame it on the rally, it's just the way it is. FWIW, turnout at EVERY event, every hobby, is down nationwide. Noone has any spare money anymore to play much.

Well, I'll be there - won't be in an MV, but I'll be thrilled to be a part of it, nonetheless.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry guys, life gets in the way sometimes...

I'm sure that everything will be in place for us all to come next year, and maybe I can drag some other SC members to go along as well.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SW, your coming? Yea! Whoop, whoop! Hot diggty dog! I mean cat!

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And 4 years from now, CGarbee retires from his job in for NC-DOT, and he says then he can attend all the rallies he wants to, which hopefully means CATERED HASPIN again! Let's cross our fingers and hope for the day...

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the movie Kelly's Heros:
Oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ&feature=player_detailpage

Seriously, every great event goes through growing pains and turnover. Nothing different here.
Some people can't make it for "life-gets-in-the-way" reasons. That doesn't mean it is withering.

I'll be there.

I am not bringing the lawn mower.

I am bringing the stencil machine.
102_1197 (Custom).jpg102_1198 (Custom).jpg

I am bringing the 40' flag pole. Can I have a few volunteers to help set up?
Haspin Flag.jpgflag set up.jpg

Last edited: