• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

rebelcummins

Fred, will you be using your smoke-screen when you roll into haspin?
rollin' the coal!
Looking forward to making the trade happen, after New Years?
well dan that will be the only way everyone will know its me it a smoke cloud.... LOL. yeah after the fist of next month should be good and let me know a week ahead of time.
Thanks Dan

millfire517

This may sound newbish, but what should everyone bring to the Haspin Rally? I should have a deuce by then, and have been talking to a few people about some trucks. But other than a mattress to throw in the back of the cargo of the truck and some clean clothes. What else does everyone bring with them?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This may sound newbish, but what should everyone bring to the Haspin Rally? I should have a deuce by then, and have been talking to a few people about some trucks. But other than a mattress to throw in the back of the cargo of the truck and some clean clothes. What else does everyone bring with them?
You name it, we bring it. Parts for selling/trading, moonshine, pyrotechnics, etc.

Durango_USMC

As the date gets closer there will be postings regarding food and cook outs and all sorts of stuff. Having never been to Haspin but being stuck in IN for over a decade I'd say bugspray. They have a river near the property and a couple ponds. Mosquitos have been known to carry off small children. A flashlight or two, lanterns help, mosquito netting, extra socks, whatever food and drinks YOU want, nightvision, and most of all your wallet and a camera. What happens at Haspin, stays on the internet.

millfire517

The biggest thing I guess I will need to get is a voltage reducer so i can run my 12volt camping supplies. Are we going to be in the primitive area again or will we have access to power? I guess that would be the biggest thing. I am probably going to try to figure out how to attach a tow Dolly to our Jeep Cherokee so if we need any bathroom breaks we can get back and forth without having to drive the deuce everywhere. Guess I will keep an eye out for the posts with everyone listing what they are bring and stuff. And as far as what happens there stays on the net...Yeah I got back and mentioned that I got to go for a ride in a couple trucks through the trails and my wife was not pleased that I left her at home. lol

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Primitive area or power. Now that's funny.

It's not like that cushy Georgia Rally.

augiedoggy

Millfire, we should be in the campground which is right near the check in / bathroom building.
Sparky will probably bring his large generator to power the entire camp and the town of Laurel iif needed.
Bugspray is a good idea, and think of nighttime trail rides where xtra lights are a big plus.
good luck getting your new rig and I'll look forward to seeing you there!

LindsayMaeK

You just have Got to be there! Oh and your cookies too!!
i hope that didn't sound weird! lol
LOL Nope not weird at all. I was planning on going anyway, but since Rob may be bringing a couple friends I figured maybe he would want it to be a "Guys weekend". Then he told me I had to go and bring cookies LOL

As the date gets closer there will be postings regarding food and cook outs and all sorts of stuff. Having never been to Haspin but being stuck in IN for over a decade I'd say bugspray. They have a river near the property and a couple ponds. Mosquitos have been known to carry off small children. A flashlight or two, lanterns help, mosquito netting, extra socks, whatever food and drinks YOU want, nightvision, and most of all your wallet and a camera. What happens at Haspin, stays on the internet.
The mosquitoes weren't bad last year due to all the dry weather. But this year could be totally different. And yes if it happens @ Haspin, it ends up on the internet!!!! Good call Durango!!! LOL

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

The mosquitoes weren't bad last year due to all the dry weather. But this year could be totally different. And yes if it happens @ Haspin, it ends up on the internet!!!! Good call Durango!!! LOL
And don't think the cover of darkness will save you either. :D

Durango_USMC

I'm just looking forward to it... Although I have a lot of work to do to the truck between now and then. Kind of glad I don't have a 5 ton some days my back hurts just looking at one of those things. Maybe I need to work out more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks