• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Durango_USMC

I have plenty of those... But... its a grey area on sticking them on anything a department doesn't own or lease. Definitely a big no no for anything on-road and all I'd need is someone to see it send a pic around the internet and someone put my face to a screen name...

Durango_USMC

Don't tempt me... I've been known to wire stuff because I get bored... I was actually thinking about putting full CUCV black out lights on my ATV for this... So if there's down time it might happen.... I just wonder if I can cram a speaker and siren system in there... Because if you're going to look important you might as well sound important too.

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

Looks like we might be getting the John deer test drive again. :D I am waiting on them to fully commit but they are interested.

indy4x4fab

Banned
We are in for the rally' this time we will be there for the hole thing. Wed threw Sunday we will be ariving really to help sparky and our other members setup. The water baffalo will be returming again' thanks to matt1970m35a2 and will have the correct water hookup for our trailer. As well as we have up graded the water heater to be able to keep up with the water demand as well as the on bord water system is now on a pressure switch to make showering and wash dishes easier for all. We have also added a grill outdoor the camper to help with cooking dinner for those how like or want to cook there dinner.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, me too. Headgaskets, IP, Injector nozzles, air assist, and find out whats wrong with my R&P in the front axle.

212sparky

I am replacing my alternator this week. Adding a12 volt setup I got last October and installing a pyrometer so I can adjust the fuel screw. Then replacing ask of my front wheel studs.

Durango_USMC

CUCV electrical gremlins... plenty of those to hunt down, repair/replace coolant tanks. Looks like I need some new hoses, replace oil pan gasket, maybe a rear main seal as well.... ugh. As well as grease everything I can. Lot to do.

212sparky

I need to drain my front differential and refill, drain the transmission and transfer case and refill, do new rubber boots up front as well and install my LED headlights. Then pump grease in to every thing.

Durango_USMC

Shoot, i forgot about the differentials and transfer case too... Gotta do that as well, and its looking like I may need some new tires, I'm finding dry rot on the sidewalls. Also we lost another guy off my shift... so I may not be making it anymore... But my supervisor and I are going to try to talk to the boss to get some coverage since I've had this scheduled for so long.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I need to drain my front differential and refill, drain the transmission and transfer case and refill, do new rubber boots up front as well and install my LED headlights. Then pump grease in to every thing.
I would wait till after haspin to do this. You will have to service everything anyways, and you run the risk of ripping the new ones while there. Just my opinion.

212sparky

I will probably pump alot of grease into the boots just to be safe. They tore last year and are starting to ooze grease.

212sparky

I carry a grease gun in the cab. And re grease after driving in water and road salt. I found that I can grease my truck in 10 min.
Same here, I cary a manual grease gun for on the road and a pneumatic gun for when i am greasing off shop air. It makes life so much easier. I also put 3' flex lines on my guns with swivel nozzles to make it easier.

Durango_USMC

Not really tall, and not small enough to basically cling to the undercarriage and run around like spiderman... Just really tired of wiggling around on the ground like some sort of seizure victim. I'd rather just roll around if I can. Plus I usually forget some tool or am a socket size off from what I pick out to bring under the truck for what I need wiggle out wiggle back out wiggle back under... and I always find that stray screw, nut, bolt, or sharp pebble in the process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks