• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For our rally last fall, the campground was closed. I was told it was they were trying to get grass established down there. Also, last fall was very wet and muddy and they did not want us rutting it up with our trucks. Does anyone know for sure whether it will be open to us this summer?

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

That is a good question. I would think it would be open. Last fall the ball was dropped on making sure it was good to go.

gungearz

It will be open for us... Weather permitting. They spent $10k to freshen up that area last year... Our trucks probably do the most damage with ruts there, other then their big water sprayer on the front loader...

Durango_USMC

I'd be up for it. I'm trying to line up a house sitter so I can stay the whole time. Plus the GF would like to go. I might be able to pitch in a few things for a cook out one night.

gungearz

Come on you guys... Just because DogHead peed in everyones cheerios cause we may have been boarder line (not really sure) breaking forum rules.... Don't mean we all should be on a silent kick....we got 88 days before this starts and I don't know about you guys but we are already to go...... Just need to pack the coolers and load up. Still got a few things left to do on the truck and the bikes but nothing major. What about y'all..? Anyone got any major issues that need attending before you go....?

212sparky

Replacing alternator, turbo, adding 12 volt alternator, pyro. Just normal stuff like grease every thing.

rebelcummins

I'm replacing head gaskets, exhaust manifold and intake gaskets, heads, relocating exhaust, adding an intercooler, running a differnt air filter set up, 12v alt system, changing windsheilds, going back to air assist windshield wiper system, front avm lock out hubs, front zipper boots, adding air assist parking brake, floor mats and then paint.....I forgot, and lights.....lol

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to do the dual feed mod to my 814,then pull a PMI on her. I need to wire up my hooch, and at least get brakes on my M37. Then I just have to load the 814.........:mrgreen:

212sparky

I'm replacing head gaskets, exhaust manifold and intake gaskets, heads, relocating exhaust, adding an intercooler, running a differnt air filter set up, 12v alt system, changing windsheilds, going back to air assist windshield wiper system, front avm lock out hubs, front zipper boots, adding air assist parking brake, floor mats and then paint.....I forgot, and lights.....lol
Let me know how bad your head gaskets are to do. I need to do mine.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

Parts for trading selling, bs'ing, swap stuff, etc thread.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As was mentioned earlier, please refrain from posting about drinking, and other hare-brained ideas. You are more than welcome to drink, but please keep it under control, or you may be asked to leave. We have had Pete(manager) and the local police remove people before, but so far no SS members.

Because of issues at this and other rallies, we may have to lay down some basic rules. This is a work in progress, will post more as we go.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on you guys... Just because DogHead peed in everyones cheerios cause we may have been boarder line (not really sure) breaking forum rules.... Don't mean we all should be on a silent kick
Really? Dissing other members and or moderators for pointing out a stupid conversation is how you want to be known on the SS site?

rebelcummins

bs/parts/swap/etc.thread

Let me know how bad your head gaskets are to do. I need to do mine.
The head bolts by the oil cooler to the air compressor is the hard part.
This is the easyst way to replace head gaskets:
Unbolt heads and injector lines. Remove turbo, drain coolent system. Unbolt thermostat housing.
Lift heads with exhaust manifold and intak manifold still attached as one unit. Then carfully put it on a clean
Surface then brake it down. replace head gaskets and head studs then put one head on at a time and follow the TM'S mounting/torq specs.
Be advised if your replacing head gaskets buy an upper gasket set and replace head studs for proper fitment and eliminating the posibility of blowing a head gasket or any gasket later on.
Remember you must install one head at a time then torq it down or you may end up with a head leak of coolant, oil or compression. This is why its advised to do a complet up gasket replacment.
This message is for anyone doing head gasket replacment on a M35A2.

gungearz

Really? Dissing other members and or moderators for pointing out a stupid conversation is how you want to be known on the SS site?
no... I didn't "dis" anyone... I just felt when doghead stated his comment... The vibe on this thread slowed down. If u assume I "dissed" anyone, then I apologize for it but I didn't... And to whome it may concern. I do not drink...