• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

rebelcummins

I have a line on fuel and will be selling it at the rally. I don't know how many I can bring in my M1008 but I know could probably get six 55 gallon drums in it. So the price will be $120 for a 55 gallon drum. You will be responsible for unloading at Haspin and if you can't do it Thursday then don't buy any because I don't want to wait for people to show up and not be able to trail ride. I will sell them in order of PM's received and will load as many as I can. It looks like this will be an ongoing thing so I will run ads in the classifieds from here on out.

Pm sent

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm here. Where is everyone?

Just rained. Supposed to have bad storms tomorrow. The cat and I are hunkered down.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't even unloaded the new ATV. Just sitting watching the geese. Someone has the shelter.

My thieves took my hitch and $405 later here I am.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaner trailer from joediveguy is all strapped down with gimpy's crap, er, I mean, quality merchandise, truck is serviced with an oil change and checked everything related to coolant system (it's had issues recently), ready for 530 miles tomorrow. All I need to do is get my camping gear together and load up some stuff to try and sell, and I'm outta here tomorrow am.

augiedoggy

Steve, I sure hope the Cat drove your 813 there!

Put Sparkys genset next to shelter and leave 'er runnin' that'll clear out the shelter!

My planned arrival is Thursday afternoon, depending on work load.

Tplane37

Anyone coming from the Seattle area, passing through the Vegas area on their way to Haspin... AND (1) hasn't left yet; (2) wants some gas money; and (3) has room for two front fenders for a 1937 Hudson-Terraplane [about 7 ft long x 4 ft wide x 3 ft high for the pair if you place them opposite each other... they're tear drop shaped].

A fellow member of another car club that I am in (Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club) is having shipping issues. Let me know if anyone can be of assistance, and I'll PM you his info... I'm just the middleman here trying to help out fellow gear heads!

EDIT: If no one heading to the Haspin Rally chimes up, I'll post in the transportation thread. Figured I'd offer here first. It is sounding like ~$500+ worth of gas money to come close to his current quotes. SO for those heading that way anyway, it should buy more in Haspin!

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

The M1008 probably isnt going to make it. :( I dont think i put the wheel bearings and spindle nuts in right. Hub gets pretty hot and i smell burning grease and see a hint of smoke.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone came in about two hours ago. I'd guess Matt but you never know.

In five years they have never roped the shelter.

The other pond is higher than I've ever seen it but the one by campgrounds is normal. The place is rutted up and has puddles. If they did anything it was for the people race they had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks