• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

shohnson

First time at an SS rally, I had a great time It good to finally meet some of the folks here. Special thanks to Djones for letting me and my wife drive THE BEAST. (before the dog bone issue, I didn't do that:-D) Thanks to all the folks who made this happen. My wife is stalking 5 tons on GL now8)

Durango_USMC

Big thanks to Gungearz and his wife for the dinner I'd be hard pressed to remember having a better meal in the great outdoors. Another big thanks to Sparky and Lindsay for the hospitality and making me feel welcome. Eagle, thanks for letting me under the camo netting, It was interesting to compare the netting I set up to yours. Plus I liked your spot on the hill. Thanks to everyone else for having fun and letting me tag along on the ATV.

gungearz

I will also like to give Bill Sutter (BSutter) a big thanks for turning his M109 into a rolling kitchen. Without him, the spaghetti dinner wouldn't have been possible for us to provide for everyone...

212sparky

I will also like to give Bill Sutter (BSutter) a big thanks for turning his M109 into a rolling kitchen. Without him, the spaghetti dinner wouldn't have been possible for us to provide for everyone...

Thanks Bill your burners were pretty cool too!! I would like to thank my grill crew for helping with the garlic bread, JW4X4 and Creekrider. The help was much appreciated. I hope the shelter was lit to spec. Next year need to bring heaters, With every thing connected I was only 25% of the genset. The first year we had 10 people, last year we had around 15, this year we had about 36. What a great turnout we had. everybody rest up, PM your trucks and we will see you all in the spring.

BSutter

The M109A3 is in rebuild status. I used my M185A3 for the rolling kitchen. Silly details, who can tell the difference, most can not.

On my side of the coin, the time, effort, and money, I spent to acquire the equipment necessary was well worth it.
I am now set for similar sized gatherings if the menu is chili, clam bake, spaghetti or other. I had a great time.

I wish to thank all of those who contributed food and other resources.
This was a team effort.

I wish to give special thanks to Pack for his intense help provided during cleanup, a chore most do not want to think about, much less do.
We wrapped up clean up and put up by about 23:00 hrs.

I also wish to thank Justin and Josh for the smooth flow of information that lead to my adding an M1031 to my collection.

I was too busy with chores at hand to do the photography thing.

To all who were there - - Show us your photos!

That is all.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks