• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

augiedoggy

There is a good chance our new member and friend screen name Stewie, with the super nice A3 will be there,
he doesn't get on here very much. Help me remember his name.....BSutter? Help me out here...

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ran across this thread. I'm just now finishing up my M1028 rebuild and have been looking for a quick road trip to see if everything is operating properly. I'm thinking of running up to Haspin on that Saturday for a few hours. Looks like around 3 hours from my home base in Paris KY. Can't stay overnight, but it sounds like it would be a fun day-trip.

Attachments

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

Augie, have you herd from seven? Or from the toffers? I never heard if they got the truck fixed after the summer rally.

212sparky

Just ran across this thread. I'm just now finishing up my M1028 rebuild and have been looking for a quick road trip to see if everything is operating properly. I'm thinking of running up to Haspin on that Saturday for a few hours. Looks like around 3 hours from my home base in Paris KY. Can't stay overnight, but it sounds like it would be a fun day-trip.
Good looking truck you have there. :beer:

augiedoggy

Augie, have you herd from seven? Or from the toffers? I never heard if they got the truck fixed after the summer rally.
No, I haven't heard from Chris and Nancy. They sound like they're quite busy, so hopefully they'll be there.
Sevin7 is living out of state right now for his work, but hopefully we'll see his dad (Dale) there.
Also missing is Jerry (Pegasus55), I'll pm Rebelcummins to see if he's heard from him.

DrNefarious

Oh ill be bringing ephemeris (923a2) with me. Gotta get her a little dirty:D Oh and cant wait to pick the brain of my fellow 939 guys! Got some ideas and questions for you all!

gungearz

33 people showing up... Not much activity going on. So my assumption is that everyone that's going to the rally has checked in on the Saturday night spaghetti dinner. We shall make spaghetti for 50.... Hope someone has a couple of 5 Gallon cooking pots that they can bring with....

212sparky

If we are planning for 50 then I will need some help with the bread. I was figuring 2to 3 loafs but now it looks like we will need around 6.

212sparky

So what is the best time to show up on Saturday? How many trail runs do you usually go for each day?
As early as you want, I will be there Thursday so when ever you want to show up. Usually after breakfast we go for a ride, then after Lunch, then after dinner. They range from 1hour to 10 hours depending on if someone needs our help. 2Years ago I spent 2.5 hours jutting a Jeep out that was burried. Augie can vouch for it. The recoveries are the fun part.

DrNefarious

Oh iv'e been watching the YouTube videos trust me im going to have fun getting stuck and helping the stuck. Guess we will be there early depending on what time you have in mind for the post breakfast run!

212sparky

Oh iv'e been watching the YouTube videos trust me im going to have fun getting stuck and helping the stuck. Guess we will be there early depending on what time you have in mind for the post breakfast run!
If you see a deuce with tan cab and green bed lit up like a Christmas tree that is me.