• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

DrNefarious

Oh i have seen said deuce, was the inspiration for me to rig mine with about 5k worth of whelen led scene lights:D, money permitting of course. Still trying to figure out where and how to set up an ample enough 12v supply. Oh and let me know what you need supply wise the wife and i would be happy to bring additional foodstuffs!

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

Oh i have seen said deuce, was the inspiration for me to rig mine with about 5k worth of whelen led scene lights:D, money permitting of course. Still trying to figure out where and how to set up an ample enough 12v supply. Oh and let me know what you need supply wise the wife and i would be happy to bring additional foodstuffs!
I have a thread about mine, let me find it. It did not cover the landing lights tho. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=84944

My lights are 12 volt halogen in series. Enjoy

Last edited:

gungearz

Tmamerica can hook you up with a complete 12v auxiliary setup, that is completly separate from the trucks 24v system... So you don't need to tap into the trucks wiring at all.... He will be at the rally with us....

212sparky

Tmamerica can hook you up with a complete 12v auxiliary setup, that is completly separate from the trucks 24v system... So you don't need to tap into the trucks wiring at all.... He will be at the rally with us....
Has he made them for the m939 series trucks yet?

gungearz

Has he made them for the m939 series trucks yet?
I belive he has the 900 series bracket setup already in program... I know he's working on a new design including upgrading to a new 24v alt with the 12v alt all in one bracket... If I'm mistaken and it was for the 800 series, then alls he's gotta do is get is get a few measurements... And start cutting them out.... I think he did one for the 925 that was there in summer... Don't remember his name...

DrNefarious

I belive he has the 900 series bracket setup already in program... I know he's working on a new design including upgrading to a new 24v alt with the 12v alt all in one bracket... If I'm mistaken and it was for the 800 series, then alls he's gotta do is get is get a few measurements... And start cutting them out.... I think he did one for the 925 that was there in summer... Don't remember his name...
Oh my you just made my day! As long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg then im all over it! On the flip side all I have is a 15' chain from Home Depot, anything else you would recommend I bring for the trail rides?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now to save you money the rest of us and especially Sparky with his famous rope have everything needed to do a safe recovery if needed.

Last edited:

212sparky

Oh my you just made my day! As long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg then im all over it! On the flip side all I have is a 15' chain from Home Depot, anything else you would recommend I bring for the trail rides?
Make sure it is a good quality grade 80 or better chain. I have seen chain explode with very bad results.

DrNefarious

I believe it is, it was the largest they sold and i bought them out so we will see what happens, id much rather convert to straps, much safer in my opinion.

eagle4g63

Lighter too!!!! I have a couple of trucker chains in a HEAVY canvas bag along with some big clevis's and can almost not even lift the thing off the ground!!! I have to load the bag then put the chains back in it when I want to put it in the truckaua

212sparky

Lighter too!!!! I have a couple of trucker chains in a HEAVY canvas bag along with some big clevis's and can almost not even lift the thing off the ground!!! I have to load the bag then put the chains back in it when I want to put it in the truckaua
Your truck does not have a crane in it? Figured you would have one by now.

Durango_USMC

With as heavy as parts are for these trucks I'd be looking to shave any weight I could. Plus the traps are easier to maneuver through rough terrain. I was skidding logs with a tractor and ATV a few weeks ago, the straps and even the ropes we used were so much easier and safer than the chain we had.

Eagle, don't you have a lift of some sort in your bed? I couldve swore it was you or maybe gungearz I saw with a hoist in the bed when we met up at Pop's in Indy for last years fall rally. I could be way off though....

edit: Looks like Sparky beat me to it.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you want to get in a hole at Haspin deep enough to swallow and 820 or maybe a 1070 and have someone pull you out with a chain.

Ask no more.

http://www.tulsachain.com/

Get 100 feet of the Grade 100 1.25 inch . It only weighs 15lbs per foot. Make sure you have lots of friends to deploy.

:)

gungearz

With as heavy as parts are for these trucks I'd be looking to shave any weight I could. Plus the traps are easier to maneuver through rough terrain. I was skidding logs with a tractor and ATV a few weeks ago, the straps and even the ropes we used were so much easier and safer than the chain we had.

Eagle, don't you have a lift of some sort in your bed? I couldve swore it was you or maybe gungearz I saw with a hoist in the bed when we met up at Pop's in Indy for last years fall rally. I could be way off though....

edit: Looks like Sparky beat me to it.
That was xtsix....

Attachments

gungearz

Nate, are you going to be there in fall...? You've not said anything for sure yet...

eagle4g63

Yes I have a hoist in the back of my truck!!! Sometimes it is just faster to do it the hard way:cookoo:

I am planning on being there for this one........I actually got NEW yes I said "NEW" as in (never on a rim or truck new) shoes for the old girl......rollin' 11.00 XL's now, just gotta get the dang new "O" rings for my front tires.....14.5's on A3 rims:D......