• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

Durango_USMC

Its a fun sport, intense and can be insanely expensive at times.
I used to play too. Now its just an on and off thing. I've thought about volunteering the M1008 for a game or two nearby but it still needs a bit more work before I go that route.

Driving my little CUCV to haspin will be the longest drive I've ever taken in it so, I may try to grab a number or two for the big green triple A before departing. I'm really hoping to get to go its looking pretty good so far.

XanRa

I don't know about fun... Its a love/hate relationship that's addictive. when your family tells you that you have a problem and your friends tell you your nuts... you know everyone around you is the problem because nobody else understands...
That is sig worthy my friend

In other news- I plan to show up on Saturday, first time, figured why not, nothing better to do- need to get involved more anyway since I will take the plunge soon enough
Wish I realized the oppertunity sooner, would've planned for the weekend

gungearz

Thanks XanRa, I've added you to the list.

On a side note: I have to replace 2 abs sensors on the front, adjust the drums, replace the headlights, and top the hydraulic clutch off with d.o.t 5 to get the proper adjustment on the deuce... oh, and I have to take the donks off and put the stock rims and tires back on. Other then that, I'm ready for whatever action haspin has to throw at me...

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

On a side note: I have to replace 2 abs sensors on the front, adjust the drums, replace the headlights, and top the hydraulic clutch off with d.o.t 5 to get the proper adjustment on the deuce... oh, and I have to take the donks off and put the stock rims and tires back on. Other then that, I'm ready for whatever action haspin has to throw at me...
You have abs, a hydro clutch, and special rims on you're deuce?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter

:funny:

BSutter

No comment. I do not want to get hit with a helmet.

Last edited:

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

Is anybody going to need power? I am tweaking the genset connections next week, so if you have special requirements let me know.

BSutter

I will require three watts for a wood gas cook stove for Saturday night dinner. I will have batteries, inverters, and a small (3000 watt) generator on hand to get it done just in case I am too far away. Yea, I know, I backup my backups. Two is one and one is none.

Last edited:

gungearz

Sparky, I still have 5 gallons of diesel to contribute to the genset, that I had in my possession the last 2 rallies. The first one, I was told, you had enough and didn't need anymore, the second, everyone seemed like they were giving me the cold shoulder... now, here we are on my 3rd.... I'll contribute it to the Saturday candle light Italian dinner...

creekrider

I would like to join you guys that weekend, but I have to replace head gaskets first. So if I can get that done in time I will try to head down.

gungearz

Creekrider, I have added you to the haspin rally dinner check in list... glad to have you aboard.

If anyone would like to contribute more to the dinner, your more then welcomed to... this is our first to cook for, what appears to be 50+ people.... were going to need tables, chairs, possible canopies (depending on weather), table ware, Italian bread, cheeses, salads, dressing and so on.... there is a Walmart locally for anyone that wants to buy stuff while we're at the rally.... bring your own beverages....

BSutter

I have (2) six foot tables in the truck, I can add a third if need be. Chairs I am not much help with, I could bring eight metal folders in addition to my three plastic chairs.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have one table and four chairs I could bring and I can split the load with Sparky on the bread or something else just let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks