• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

212sparky

Re: Haspin fall rally

Because at the nonprofit I am on the board of directors for, we palletize every thing. So if it is laying around I put it on a pallet and wrap it.

Durango_USMC

gungearz,

Its looking like about 80-85% that I will be there atleast for saturday and into saturday night (might go back that night or sunday morning). I have one of those big radar scattering camo netting systems you guys can use for a canopy if you need it. I don't want to commit to bringing food or supplies until I'm 100% sure I'm going though.

gungearz

gungearz,

Its looking like about 80-85% that I will be there atleast for saturday and into saturday night (might go back that night or sunday morning). I have one of those big radar scattering camo netting systems you guys can use for a canopy if you need it. I don't want to commit to bringing food or supplies until I'm 100% sure I'm going though.
Thank you Durango_USMC.... I've added you to the check in list on post #106..

gungearz

First rally... everyone feels a little out of place.... Second time, you have to peel potatoes.... third time, you have to cook for everyone.... glad you can make it....

Vondy

I'll help pitch in as well. Salad? Hopefully my truck will be drivable. I got the bed on temporarily and need to decide now if I should keep it 12' or shorten it. What y'all think?

Attachments

Vondy

Going to keep the suicide doors. If I choose long bed I will extend the frame to keep everything in place, lights,air and pintle. I'm leaning towards short bed myself. I do have a 105 I can use but how do I raise it up for tire clearance? Or am I just looking at it all wrong?

gungearz

I would just extend the rear of the frame keeping the axles in place.
Vondy... it would be beneficial if you started with a M36... crew cab and a 12 bed would be good but on a crew cab M35, it's not so good... the reason why is, if you leave the axles in the same spot, your rear end will swing out further in turns.... have you ever pulled in a tight right hand turning lane...? if you cut the corner with a car passing you in the right hand passing lane, chances are great that they will either clip the back drivers corner of the truck or they would try to dodge it... if you add 4' of frame, I would consider moving the axles back and lengthening the driveshaft to more of the M36 configuration... or crew cab and a M105 bed.. just my opinion... everyone is different....

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll help pitch in as well. Salad? Hopefully my truck will be drivable. I got the bed on temporarily and need to decide now if I should keep it 12' or shorten it. What y'all think?
My vote is 6' of Deuce bed that would be perfect IMO. I hope you make it, I haven't seen you since the first fall rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks