• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

gungearz

Gungearz, I wonder if Pete would let you keep stuff in their kitchen area?
Again, a huge thanks to you and your Mrs. for all your hard work!
Thanks Dan, this dinner project has got me up some nights, that's for sure... I did speak to the guys in the office about keeping the food in their kitchen. they told me that every Sunday, the coolers get turned off on Sunday and get turned back on, on main event weekends on friday... since we don't land on a main event weekend... the haspin kitchen may not even open.... he said to check with them when I show up...

I was figuring on freezing the spaghetti sauce in a solid 5 gallon block and just keeping it on ice... by Saturday, it should be mostly thawed...

Creekrider, will you be able to cover the garlic bread for 50+ members...?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Dan, this dinner project has got me up some nights, that's for sure... I did speak to the guys in the office about keeping the food in their kitchen. they told me that every Sunday, the coolers get turned off on Sunday and get turned back on, on main event weekends on friday... since we don't land on a main event weekend... the haspin kitchen may not even open.... he said to check with them when I show up...

I was figuring on freezing the spaghetti sauce in a solid 5 gallon block and just keeping it on ice... by Saturday, it should be mostly thawed...

Creekrider, will you be able to cover the garlic bread for 50+ members...?
Bobby I can split the bread with Creekrider if you want me to. I hope a few more people can help out we seem to have 50 people coming and only a small handful that have said they would contribute. Please chime in if you can help. A big thanks to you for doing so much to make this happen.:beer:

jdknech

what is left on the food list that is needed? stuff is a bit tight right now, but let me know how i can pitch in.. also i have a toster oven and a microwave mounted in my trailer that can be used... along with 10' of kitchen counter.. I am hoping to set up close as i can to the shelter this time as well...

gungearz

what is left on the food list that is needed? stuff is a bit tight right now, but let me know how i can pitch in.. also i have a toster oven and a microwave mounted in my trailer that can be used... along with 10' of kitchen counter.. I am hoping to set up close as i can to the shelter this time as well...
Josh, the things we need are in post #256... any contributions will be great.... I know your on a really tight budget... so if it's going to hurt your pocket contributing, I'm sure we all can swing it... there is a Walmart down the road from haspin for those worried about bringing parishables....

Dave, if Creekrider chimes in, in need of help with the garlic bread then that will be great.....

Now, is anyone traveling down i65 to haspin on the morning of the 26th that would like to join in my convoy to the rally.... Eagle4G63, not sure of your plans....will you be joining us...?

jdknech

I had a long day... just got back from Farmerrob's with my trailer and tire chains.... he can't wait to get some mud on his bobbed deuce...

Ok everybody... I hope someone has a really big refrigerator because my wife is planning on cooking 5 gallons of spaghetti sauce, 20 lbs. of noodles, and we will be picking up 2 half sheets of cake (1 chocolate and 1 white)... we will be needing utensils, Styrofoam plates, salad, dressing, french or Italian bread, garlic spread (or loaves of garlic bread) and cheeses to complete the Saturday dinner... all that wants to help with the things we need, please let us know, so everyone doesn't bring multiples of the same items.... I figured everyone can bring their own beverages but if anyone wants to contribute beverages... very well.... thanks in advance to everyone helping out on the Saturday night rally dinner....
i can take care of the cheeses.. I will run to wal-mart day of, and pick them up..

creekrider

How much Garlic toast do we need? What is the total headcount?

I pulled the truck in the shop and pulled the oil cooler trying to find my coolant leak and was not that lucky. So off come the heads. If I never have to do that again it will be to soon. But I do have a headbolt crows foot now. So hopefully I can get it all back together in time.

crowsfoot.jpgHeadgaskets.JPG

gungearz

Yikes Creekrider, talk about close call... hope you make it. keep us posted if you can't make it... we will have about 50 members and guests joining in on the rally... I know in post #106 it says 38 people and I'm sure there are members that hasn't stated their bringing guests and a few that hasn't officially stated they are going on this thread.

So, since with that... we should figure 50 and just run with it. my friends tell me we should have plenty of spaghetti left over for a Sunday breakfast....

212sparky

I am headed out Thursday morning it looks like. My route is not set yet. It is either out 275/74 or out SR73 to Oxford and out the scenic way.

i love a convoy, but I'm still not sure which day I am heading out.
If I don't start a job before then, I will head out Thursday morning possibly following Sparkys generator,
to push him up hills!
Dan,
If you head out Thursday morning I can join you. Oxford is a bit out of the way but hooking up with sparky and rebelcummins in Brookville would be nice.

gungearz

I know you guys are a lot closer to haspin then I am.... but why did it take you so long to figure out a convoy...? my first rally out, I put together the northwest haspin convoy because of the extra knowledge and extra hands in case of a brake down.... I don't know about you guys but I can't afford a 220 mile tow back to my place from haspin and I know already how triple A will act once they see the truck... on my last convoy back from the summer rally... Xtsix had a blowout on his trailer... with no spare, rolling on 395's, he was darn happy I was there to assist him with everything I can, including my spare.... he would've been there a very long time if we wernt together... I can't stress it enough, Never Go Alone....

augiedoggy

I know you guys are a lot closer to haspin then I am.... but why did it take you so long to figure out a convoy...? my first rally out, I put together the northwest haspin convoy because of the extra knowledge and extra hands in case of a brake down.... I don't know about you guys but I can't afford a 220 mile tow back to my place from haspin and I know already how triple A will act once they see the truck... on my last convoy back from the summer rally... Xtsix had a blowout on his trailer... with no spare, rolling on 395's, he was darn happy I was there to assist him with everything I can, including my spare.... he would've been there a very long time if we wernt together... I can't stress it enough, Never Go Alone....
Gun, I could not agree more. Like you, the thought of a break-down and resultant tow frightens me.
In the past members from our area seem to head out at different times so it has been difficult to get together.
Sparky and I did ride out this past summer and it Is a comfort. I always make an effort to convoy for each trip out,
after all, MVs are used to traveling in herds!
Here's hoping everyone has a safe and uneventful trip!

gungearz

Gun, I could not agree more. Like you, the thought of a break-down and resultant tow frightens me.
In the past members from our area seem to head out at different times so it has been difficult to get together.
Sparky and I did ride out this past summer and it Is a comfort. I always make an effort to convoy for each trip out,
after all, MVs are used to traveling in herds!
Here's hoping everyone has a safe and uneventful trip!
Dan, I drive a 26' tandem straight truck everyday for a living... it's like a modern day deuce but double the length and I've been broken down many times... even on a tow account, a 70 tow was $780... I was at haspin a month before the 2012 summer rally, just the wife and I enjoying a camping trip, I approached a deep crevice and thought I could drive thru it.... my tire didn't quite make it to the bottom and all 8,000lbs of the front end landed on the front passenger side foot step... After backing out and moving on.... I got the wonderful sweet smell of antifreeze... further inspection showed there was a hairline cracking on the bottom of the upper radiator tube.... I went to see if I could put a bubble gum patch on it and the whole tube pulled out of the radiator...
220 miles from home and no where to go.... I improvised by cleaning both ends at contact points, jbweld the crap out of it in layers... fortunately it took 24 hours of waiting and I was able to drive home... now since, the radiator has been rebrazed to better then factory... I may have sat a week before I was able to get another radiator... since then, I've tried to either always stay local or I would set up contact points and let people know I was going thru the area... incase I need assistance... I believe that everyone that goes to these rallies should plan a route, stay on schedule and try to get as many people as they can to join in.... the last convoy, I met Xtsix 35 miles away to start the convoy and we could've met other people on the route with given times and checkpoints.... it's best to have more then what you need, instead of needing something you don't have...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks