• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin fall rally

Vondy

I'm doing everything I can to get there. If I make it will be Saturday morning. Fingers crossed. I'm getting close to done but running out of time.

Vondy

Vondy, do you want me to send you a PM with my cell #? We can get your truck done.
I'm going to work on it Saturday afternoon and evening if you want to help. I finally have the bed cut down enough to bolt on. Need to cut the troop seats down to match. Need to weld the bed panels back together, I think I have that covered already. The last thing to make it drivable is to fix one door latch but that is low on the list. I have it zip tied for now��.

rebelcummins

I'm going to work on it Saturday afternoon and evening if you want to help. I finally have the bed cut down enough to bolt on. Need to cut the troop seats down to match. Need to weld the bed panels back together, I think I have that covered already. The last thing to make it drivable is to fix one door latch but that is low on the list. I have it zip tied for now��.
2 Pm's sent to you...

bigbird1

What kind of camping will it be? My wife , daughter and her boyfriend want to go. Are the tents ok, and I assume no plug in power? Also can a car get back to where camping will be?

rebelcummins

What kind of camping will it be? My wife , daughter and her boyfriend want to go. Are the tents ok, and I assume no plug in power? Also can a car get back to where camping will be?
Tents are welcome, there will be a generator on site and food for all Saturday evening. Come on out for fun bring your on drinks and I will have spare fuel for all to buy.

rebelcummins

Just calculated my current multi fuel weight: Total current fuel weight 2673.70lbs. I may have about 3000lbs of multi fuel on site of the Rally. This fuel will be sold or traded for items. Current gallons offered minus my supply 350-400 gallons. Like I have stated it is formulated to run in all mechanically injected engines never tested with electronic diesel engines. Price per gallon will be $2.25 per gallon or less I have not decided on the exact price yet. But, It will be a heck of a lot cheaper than pump price.

gungearz

Chris, it's a camp anywhere on over 850 acres offroad park... we will have on site power from a generator with fuel contributions. you can bring a car into the campground but not in the whole park. If it's as muddy as it was last year, then you can leave the car by the office just fine... tents, rv's, and trailers are all welcome... heck some people even sleep under their trailers while they're there... there will be a port-a-potty there... showers and bathrooms close at 9pm.... your admission to the park includes the overnight stay... admission starts at 9am to 9am the following day and they're not strict on the time we leave.

We will have a dinner party for my wife's birthday on Saturday night.... she will be making her homemade spaghetti sauce and I will be getting the cake for dessert after dinner. drinks are on your own and many other members will be bringing contributions to the dinner also.... please feel free to join us...

Last edited:

bigbird1

Chris, it's a camp anywhere on over 850 acres offroad park... we will have on site power from a generator with fuel contributions. you can bring a car into the campground but not in the whole park. If it's as muddy as it was last year, then you can leave the car by the office just fine... tents, rv's, and trailers are all welcome... heck some people even sleep under their trailers while they're there... there will be a port-a-potty there... showers and bathrooms close at 9pm.... your admission to the park includes the overnight stay... admission starts at 9am to 9am the following day and they're not strict on the time we leave.

We will have a dinner party for my wife's birthday on Saturday night.... she will be making her homemade spaghetti sauce and I will be getting the cake for dessert after dinner. drinks are on your own and many other members will be bringing contributions to the dinner also.... please feel free to join us...

Thanks , still working out the details , I'll let you know for sure and you can let me know what food you need for Sat night

DrNefarious

Drnefarious, I'm bringing multi fuel that I have formulated to run in all mechanical Diesel engines. You won't get a lot of smoke with mine. I'm bringing about 300 gallons or so to use for my self and others to buy. Don't worry it will be cheaper than pump price.

Awesome!, mark me down for some fuel goodness! Oh and im offering my painting services for trucks as of next week. You can see my truck for reference at the rally. If anyone needs paint help let me know!

creekrider

Picked up the heads today and just came in from torquing them down. Torquing 28 head bolts in 5 steps is a workout especially after you snap your crows foot and spend 1/2 hour rewelding it. If all goes well she will be up and running this weekend.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had at least one fusible link melt down on me when I was changing an alternator belt on my M1028. I'm trying to get it back on the road so I can make the rally.

I didn't disconnect the batteries because I wasn't touching the wiring, just changing a belt. When I pushed the passenger side alternator in to remove the belt it shorted out and melted my 12v fusible link at the firewall (I saw it go up in smoke) before I could do anything about it. I guess I'll disconnect the batteries next time I mess with a belt!

Chevracer87

Sorry I'm late to the party guys. I wanted to make sure I could get the time off work before I posted I was going. I will be arriving Friday and will have 3 joining me Saturday.

gungearz

Sparky and 6 guests. =7
Djones and 3 guest. =4
Xtsix and Jenna. =1
Farmerrob and 3 guests. =4
Gungearz and 1 guest. =2
Augiedoggy and augiedoggy =2
Donnerwetter. =1
Bsutter. =1
Rebelcummins and guest. =2
Vondy and 3 guests. =4
DrNefarious and guest. =2
Jdknech. =1
TMAmerica and 1 guest. =2
Eagle4G63. =1
Stewie. =1
XanRa. =1
Creekrider. =1
Durango_USMC. =1
Chevyracer87 and 3 guests =4

So far, 42 total checked in for spaghetti and cake... If I missed anyone, check in....
If I missed anyone or you forgot to mention something and are to lazy to go back and review post #106.... here it is again. let us know if it's all correct for the Saturday night dinner....

BSutter

A behind the scene look at what we are doing.
At the end of September the 185 will be a rolling kitchen.
This turned out to be a larger project than originally anticipated.

I figure we will set up in the pavilion for cooking.
I will bring:

(3) six foot folding tables.
(2) Stainless Steel 20 quart stock pots with lids for five gallons of sauce so we can mix in bascetti.
(2) Stainless Steel 36 quart stock pots with strainers and lids for spaghetti cooking.
(2) Stainless long handle one cup ladles.
(2) 21" Stainless spoons.
(2) Turkey burners for spaghetti cooking.
(2) 20# LPG tanks.
(3) Coleman gasoline stoves and gasoline (just in case the generator is not available)
(2) 1800 watt induction burners for sauce prep.
(3) extension cords.
(1) Wood gas stove for the awesome factor.
Dish washing liquid.
Bundles of towels and washcloths for food chores.
(2) Bus pans to hold water and soap for cleanup.
Gloves, garbage bags, garbage cans for storage, and paper towels.
If there is a need I can bring (2) ice machines each tiny unit will produce 25# per 24 hours.
And other stuff I may be overlooking at the moment.

Let me know if I missed anything.

That is all.

P.S. Thanks Bobby for getting me into this. :-D:driver:

Last edited:

gungearz

Oo
A behind the scene look at what we are doing.
At the end of September the 185 will be a rolling kitchen.
This turned out to be a larger project than originally anticipated.

I figure we will set up in the pavilion for cooking.
I will bring:

(3) six foot folding tables.
(2) Stainless Steel 20 quart stock pots with lids for five gallons of sauce so we can mix in bascetti.
(2) Stainless Steel 36 quart stock pots with strainers and lids for spaghetti cooking.
(2) Stainless long handle one cup ladles.
(2) 21" Stainless spoons.
(2) Turkey burners for spaghetti cooking.
(2) 20# LPG tanks.
(3) Coleman gasoline stoves and gasoline (just in case the generator is not available)
(2) 1800 watt induction burners for sauce prep.
(3) extension cords.
(1) Wood gas stove for the awesome factor.
Dish washing liquid.
Bundles of towels and washcloths for food chores.
(2) Bus pans to hold water and soap for cleanup.
Gloves, garbage bags, garbage cans for storage, and paper towels.
If there is a need I can bring (2) ice machines each tiny unit will produce 25# per 24 hours.
And other stuff I may be overlooking at the moment.

Let me know if I missed anything.

That is all.
Thanks Bill, I've been wanting for you to post that....

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had at least one fusible link melt down on me when I was changing an alternator belt on my M1028. I'm trying to get it back on the road so I can make the rally.

I didn't disconnect the batteries because I wasn't touching the wiring, just changing a belt. When I pushed the passenger side alternator in to remove the belt it shorted out and melted my 12v fusible link at the firewall (I saw it go up in smoke) before I could do anything about it. I guess I'll disconnect the batteries next time I mess with a belt!

I got lucky and the fusible links did their job and protected everything else for me. Only had to replace the two 12 ga links feeding from the alternators 8 ga wire. Back up and running and will be at the rally Friday and Saturday. I don't think I'll be at the spaghetti dinner, however.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks