• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin summer rally multimedia thread

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard there was an accident/incident at the backbone hill and some SS members assisted with the medical attention and transportation of the victim.

Anyone have more info on that?

Also, I'm interested to know the statistics of assists between SS folks and the general public while there.

212sparky

I heard a CUCV was used to transport someone who broke their leg because the paramedics could not drive back to the site. The person was air cared out.
Augie doggy dan pulled a burried Jeep out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it was Shrapnel's CUCV used to transport the victim out of Devil's Backbone with the broken leg and I think that Crusher helped the victim. At least that's what Shrapnel told me when he came back in.

I offered assistance to a kid who rolled his ATV down Devil's Backbone and waited until his friend arrived and towed him back in.

Towing three Mowrons back in doesn't count does it? :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C, that picture transformed into an outline or mural, would make a perfect backdrop for a rally shirt.

Over lay the rally name and date in the correct spots...

Hmm...

gungearz

The guy that had his legs broke was from the group that had the building structure by us but not part of our group. He was a spotter on a roll over in the woods. After they pushed the samurai back on four wheels, the driver gunned it again to continue up a hill. Rolled it over again but the second time the spotter was in the way and got his legs crushed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy that had his legs broke was from the group that had the building structure by us but not part of our group. He was a spotter on a roll over in the woods. After they pushed the samurai back on four wheels, the driver gunned it again to continue up a hill. Rolled it over again but the second time the spotter was in the way and got his legs crushed...

Was there any alcohol involved in this? I know not part of the Steel Soldiers Group, just wondering.

jw4x4

That is waaaaaay too nice a truck to take out on the trails. Seriously Jerry, what were you thinking? :)

Man, that is a great shot.
I managed to resist the temptation of taking the 932 out on the trails Friday, and early Saturday. But after riding in the back of a M35A3 and the cab of another 932, I just couldn't take it any more. I saw them lining up at the shelter for a trail ride, and felt the uncontrollable urge to participate. After all, I'm only human. I quickly tossed the tarp, bows, and staves, and it was off into the woods. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Went out for more later in the evening, stayed in the woods til almost midnite. I even followed Sparky and Auggie thru some pretty technical stuff well after dark. I must say that their trail manners are impeccable. Top notch. I got hung up in the mud a couple of times and had to engage the front end to continue. Stayed out of the thin, runny mud. Didn't want to have to pull down the hubs for post-mudder maintenance. Had NO damage, but discovered that I need to clearance some bed supports to clear the tires during full articulation. I an currently looking for someone with a plasma cutter. UG was all cleaned up Sunday afternoon and stowed back in the warehouse.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Brother has a plasma cutter. Want to schedule a beer ru...I mean appointment?

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks