• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin summer rally multimedia thread

212sparky

I managed to resist the temptation of taking the 932 out on the trails Friday, and early Saturday. But after riding in the back of a M35A3 and the cab of another 932, I just couldn't take it any more. I saw them lining up at the shelter for a trail ride, and felt the uncontrollable urge to participate. After all, I'm only human. I quickly tossed the tarp, bows, and staves, and it was off into the woods. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Went out for more later in the evening, stayed in the woods til almost midnite. I even followed Sparky and Auggie thru some pretty technical stuff well after dark. I must say that their trail manners are impeccable. Top notch. I got hung up in the mud a couple of times and had to engage the front end to continue. Stayed out of the thin, runny mud. Didn't want to have to pull down the hubs for post-mudder maintenance. Had NO damage, but discovered that I need to clearance some bed supports to clear the tires during full articulation. I an currently looking for someone with a plasma cutter. UG was all cleaned up Sunday afternoon and stowed back in the warehouse.
you were on the ride when I recoded the second video, I put up.

jw4x4

I really like the way your off-road lights pierce the darkness. I am wanting to add something to the front of my tractor. Is it just me or are the night time videos just the coolest thing??? For whatever reason, I have always liked night rides the best. We have done them in Georgia with just blackouts (well, mostly) when safe. Of course you gotta turn on the main lights when encountering other trail patrons.

212sparky

My big lights are landing lights that popacom is selling. They are 450 Watts each. My circuit breaker kept tripping on me, that its why they kept turning off.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait a minute. Sparky with a power problem? What's next? Cats and dogs living together.

;-)

212sparky

Yeah I know. I grabbed a breaker out of my random breaker bucket and it well actually works. Time to add some more relays to the system. :D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
immobile sparky? mobile intermittent sparky?

eagle4g63

Man.........finally had some time to catch up on the Haspin happenings..........I MISSED A GOOD ONE:cry:.........Sparky, your videos made me home sick......I mean "Haspin" sick!!

Finally fired my deuce........the new motor sounds so good, can't wait to drive it home tomorrow.:driver: I miss driving my truck.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a few pics I took at Haspin in camp - I didn't take the camera out on the trail, everyone has a better camera than I, and the pictures they take always end up here and are good pics, so I don't bother with my camera much. Had a great time again, can't wait for next year....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks