• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 NC Steel Soldiers MV RALLY April 11,12,13

michigandon

Hey guys any plans for 2014 yet? hope to see everyone there again,:whistle:
willfreeman told me at the Georgia rally that he had spoken to Jim Henry recently, and this HAS been greenlighted again for next spring.

We need to all make this more like it was the very first year! The most recent one was a wee bit of a disappointment, IMHO.

wilfreeman

You know I'll be there - should have the Deuce and the Jeep this time! I will be visiting Jim's place in the next few weeks, so maybe they will have a date by then - I would guess it will be around the same time (first or second weekend in April - 2012 was first weekend, 2013 was second weekend).

I agree with Don - we need to have more of a presence there in 2014 if this one is to survive. I had a great time both years and got to talk to a lot of veterans and kids and of course a lot of "our people". I think a good time was had by all and too good of a time was had by a few (including me!). I just wish I could have stayed the whole weekend instead of having to leave for a wedding in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

Looking forward to 2014!

wilfreeman

Glad to hear you're gonna make it Cabell. We just got the axel back under the deuce last night, so he (my brother) said he was going to do everything he can to get it blasted and painted before the rally. Not completely done bobbing it yet - still have to weld the tailgate section back on and get the driveshaft lengthened (going to take it today), but it should be done. Planning on pulling the trailer with the Jeep on it with the deuce.

I still haven't been to see Jim Henry and ask him about the rally, but I guess somebody had to tell MV magazine when it is going to be. We should be going to get some tires from him in a few weeks, so I'll still ask.

stampy

+1 for helping with the MKT and breakfast- dinner Cabell, as I plan on being there. I don't know about passengers. I will be in a Deuce or 5 ton. The first year in Uhwarriee was awesome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks