• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Denton, NC rally: Parts For sale/WTB/WTT thread

If anyone needs any parts off a multifuel 5-ton now would be the perfect time! I have a 5th wheel hitch/ramps that will be going for scrap in the next few days unless someone wants them. Also if anyone wants the Scepter Jerry cans I will do $40 each at the show, I have about 20 of them, this is a cheap price as they are normally $80, these are NEW.

jlpayne

I'm curios how the brake job is goin? I just brought my duece home. Very bad brakes have to pump them to get pressure,I have one rear leaking wheel cylinder, and I'm guessing I need a master cylinder as well. Any thing else I should be thinking ??

Does anybody have cheap DOT5 brake fluid? I've been doing the brakes on the deuce and am tired of paying $25/qt!

wilfreeman

I'm curios how the brake job is goin? I just brought my duece home. Very bad brakes have to pump them to get pressure,I have one rear leaking wheel cylinder, and I'm guessing I need a master cylinder as well. Any thing else I should be thinking ??
I ran out of time as far as rebuilding my wheel cylinders and replacing the axle seals/boots (before the rally) , so all I did was replace the flex hoses and bleed the brakes. I built a pressure bleeder yesterday and that made very fast work (one person) of bleeding. Hook it up, pressure it up, bleed the airpack first, then go farthest to closest as usual. I would say go ahead and rebuild or replace everything (especially the flex hoses) - there's no room for problems with the single circuit brake system in these things! Check out my blog - I have pics of the pressure bleeder I built for about $10 (I already had most of the stuff to build it). http://duecem35a2.wordpress.com
PM me if you have any questions.

CGarbee

Hmmm,
Plastic five gallon water cans ($20/each)
Canbro tea/coffee dispensers (great for keeping 12oz cans on ice as well...) $30/each
Gillespie paint (PM me for colors/prices...not going to bring any unless requested).
Five ton dump truck troop seat/top kit (NOS, removed from shipping crate: another one that won't get loaded unless we make a deal before the event...).
Perhaps some generic M series electrical parts, depending on how I feel once I get the food loaded and the MKT hitched up to the XM813...

AMGeneral

OK - I'll run it past my Brother again tomorrow. He said something about putting super singles on the front a few weeks ago.
Ok,after careful measurement, there is only 1 inch difference between the backspacing on M34/M135 wheels vs the standard deuce rim.

So it would only widen the track on the front 2 inches total.

BELinNC

I have an excellent condition M1101 trailer for sale. No top or bows. Tan paint. Appears hardly used. Tires still have mold sprouts. $1000 or best offer.

wilfreeman

I'll start this off. Like I said on the information page, these larger items will only be brought to the rally if there is interest in them.

I have for sale:

Trailers:
- m100 trailer CHASSIS ONLY. Includes fenders - tub was rusted out and removed. $500
- 1990 m101a2 trailer in decent condition. Mismatched tires, has bows but no cover. $800 obo

M35a2 stuff:
- M35a2 rear axle. $500
- 4 mounted NDCCs - make offer
- 4 NDCCs with tubes and flaps - (ATPtac has first call on these) - make offer
- 2 door glass
- 2 NOS in box lower door glass channels and 2 door glass (1 new and 1 used/vg)
- 2 New windshield seals (ordered from Erik's with the full kit, but got new windshields, so I didn't need them)

Other stuff:
- 1954 Farmall Cub w/unrestored IH belly mower and belly scrape blade. Restored about 8 yrs ago and only moved out of the shop twice since then. $3000 obo.
- cckw grill. Make offer
- possibly an m38a1 all original. Will know for sure later this week. (not looking likely)

Pictures available upon request.
We might still be driving the deuce to the rally, so I am going to load up the unmounted tires/tubes/flaps and bring them if we do drive it. I will be selling them for $25/ea - discount on multiple tires. The other deuce stuff is on hold for now, as we might be building another truck and will need it. I didn't have any definite sale on the bigger stuff, so I won't be bringing any of it.

PowerstrokeNC

I have a few things....

* M923 Tarp and bows like new.
* Borg Warner turbos, for use on NHC 250 engine to make it a turbo, new in box
* Allison HT 740 D Transmission in crate
* Vehicle lifting slings, for anyone who wants to lift a vehicle of 8000lbs with a wrecker or crane. This includes the slings, load levelers, spreader bars etc. I don't think these were even used.

Any interest let me know, thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks