• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Fall Haspin Rally

LindsayMaeK

Ok guys but for real...I put the order in for the shirts. If anyone still wants one I am doing an addition but I will be submitting it tomorrow morning so I need the orders tonight before midnight! Please and thanks!!! PM me with color and size!

Pugsley

Somebody mentioned they are bringing electricity... Would anybody be interested if I brought a 2 player head to head pinball machine? Needs 110-120 and around 4 amps peak 1 amp idle to run it.

gungearz

Somebody mentioned they are bringing electricity... Would anybody be interested if I brought a 2 player head to head pinball machine? Needs 110-120 and around 4 amps peak 1 amp idle to run it.
I know my kids will play the heck out of that... oh wait, no... never mind, if it doesn't have 20 buttons and they can sit their lazy butts on the couch.. they don't want to have anything to do with it but my little guy will try anything at least once...

Pugsley

I will be bringing it in an ambulance and putting the legs on it once it is there. Is there a place to set it up to keep it out of the direct sunlight and rain? This is my first year going to a SS Haspin rally so I don't know what to expect.

Pugsley

Sweet. I am excited and scared to go. Normally when I go to Haspin my toy comes and goes on a trailer. So I don't have to worry about it being able to move at the end of the weekend. But after reading about the truck it should not have a problem making it back home! Can't wait!

212sparky

We should have the pavilion it will keep it mostly protected. I am also planning on bringing an electric space heater and some plastic so it it is going to be cold we can block one side off to cut the wind down.

gungearz

We should have the pavilion it will keep it mostly protected. I am also planning on bringing an electric space heater and some plastic so if it is going to be cold we can block one side off to cut the wind down.
Sparky, that would be great.. we always need a wind blocker in the pavilion to keep the flames on the cookers going and the that haspin dust out of our food... every year it's always a challenge with the wind...

M1008BOV

Well, I might have just screwed up my plans to come. What started out as a simple temp gauge install turned nasty. While pivoting the alternator off to the side so I could access the water pump I went to slide it back over (batteries still hooked up and boot still in place on alt) I pushed it too far over and hot terminal burnt through the boot when it contacted the bracket. I have at least a couple melted wires back on the fire wall. I'm going to go post in the CUCV forum and look through the electrical TM's and see what I've done. She does still start, but those two wires are melted.

IMG_20140921_114450_zpscb9012f8.jpg IMG_20140921_114705_zps21432049.jpg IMG_20140921_114759_zps2e713bdd.jpg IMG_20140921_114716_zps40de097f.jpg

Even though I was going to unhook the batteries when I started the actual wiring and I had made sure the alternator was not going to contact anything, that little voice inside my head kept saying "just unhook the battery now, it only takes a minute" :mad: