• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Fall Haspin Rally

jdknech

Well, I might have just screwed up my plans to come. What started out as a simple temp gauge install turned nasty. While pivoting the alternator off to the side so I could access the water pump I went to slide it back over (batteries still hooked up and boot still in place on alt) I pushed it too far over and hot terminal burnt through the boot when it contacted the bracket. I have at least a couple melted wires back on the fire wall. I'm going to go post in the CUCV forum and look through the electrical TM's and see what I've done. She does still start, but those two wires are melted.

View attachment 517387 View attachment 517388 View attachment 517389 View attachment 517390

Even though I was going to unhook the batteries when I started the actual wiring and I had made sure the alternator was not going to contact anything, that little voice inside my head kept saying "just unhook the battery now, it only takes a minute" :mad:

I THINK those 2 wires are "fuseable links" aka- they are supposed to melt before anything else gets screwed up, If you go to a (older) parts-house and ask for some fuseable link wire, they should beable to fix you up.. I'm not sure of a chain store would have it or not.. (autozone/O'reilly/advanced) but they might..

M1008BOV

Thanks, I have a thread going in the CUCV forum. I've got it figured out, but the chain stores did not have the parts I needed, heading to Napa tomorrow. Continued my installation of the temp gauge and a 12v outlet for charging phones, etc. Hopefully, I get the new links in and there is no other damage :doh:

212sparky

Bobby, have you talked to Pete to make sure we will have the pavilion? Are you planning on calling with the group this year or being an outsider? It would be nice for every body to camp somewhat together instead of all over the camp gound.

I will be setting my generator where I always have by the side road facing the concrete structure. I just ask that people do not drive over my power cables. I will have danger tape up over the main cables but can't over all of them.

Thanks,
Rob.

gungearz

Bobby, have you talked to Pete to make sure we will have the pavilion? Are you planning on calling with the group this year or being an outsider? It would be nice for every body to camp somewhat together instead of all over the camp gound.

I will be setting my generator where I always have by the side road facing the concrete structure. I just ask that people do not drive over my power cables. I will have danger tape up over the main cables but can't over all of them.

Thanks,
Rob.
Rob, you should know by now that we have everything covered... to answer your questions, Yes.. I've talked with Pete and reserved the pavilion for you and the abandoned structure for me... so we will pretty much have the whole campground...

212sparky

Just checking. I remeber 2 years ago they said it was all set and we had mudaggedon. Just making sure. You know me just making sure we are good to go for the weekend.