• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

zout

We stopped at Cracker house on the way home for chow - I had the meatloaf dinner and it was worthwhile along with the biscuits - mash potatoes and green beans - yummie - slosh is all down with sweet tea

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wish I could express how good a show this was.

It was very large, well organized, good swap meet, tons of friends and great, great displays.

How about the doggie MASH unit setup, with service dogs :))) on stretchers?

How about the WWII Weasel on a Iwo Jima display, along with underwater pictures of it swimming and video?

How about getting to see a WWII M26 Pacific move under it's own power?

The Patton armored car, the the Honest John rocket, the WWII bicycles, the homemade go-cart GI's built out of whatever they could get..................... just flat out amazing.

SO MANY JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thank you for all the people who stopped by and introduced themselves.

Thank you for all the people who helped us unload and load and much thanks for all the purchases.

Dawn and I are really thinking about going to Topeka next year because this one was so good.

I am sad it's over.

Dangit. Now I want meatloaf.
Dawn makes turkey meatloaf that is delicious-and healthy.

Carlo

I wish I could express how good a show this was.

It was very large, well organized, good swap meet, tons of friends and great, great displays.

How about the doggie MASH unit setup, with service dogs :))) on stretchers?

How about the WWII Weasel on a Iwo Jima display, along with underwater pictures of it swimming and video?

How about getting to see a WWII M26 Pacific move under it's own power?

The Patton armored car, the the Honest John rocket, the WWII bicycles, the homemade go-cart GI's built out of whatever they could get..................... just flat out amazing.

SO MANY JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thank you for all the people who stopped by and introduced themselves.

Thank you for all the people who helped us unload and load and much thanks for all the purchases.

Dawn and I are really thinking about going to Topeka next year because this one was so good.

I am sad it's over.

Dawn makes turkey meatloaf that is delicious-and healthy.
do you gave a link where I could look at some of these photos and videos? Thanks

cbear

Great show. Many thanks to the clinto, MWMULES, and the Kilroy chapter staff for the assist with maneuvering my trailer. Especially the forklift operator, I don't remember his name. (I am terrible with names. I'll remember a face for 20 years, but a name for 2 minutes.) It was good to meet some others, gimpyrobb, junkyard wars, and the K-18 crew.

I'll post some pics once I get everything put away. Better sales would have been nice, but the show was great. Managed to get packed up and out of the hall pretty quick, but was slow going back to Cincinnati. It's pretty sad I got passed by a CCKW, of course it was on a flatbed.

jasonjc

Got back to Kansas about noon today, had a great time meeting folks down there. Found a set of M116 Data plates a 1/2 eaten plate of Cracker Barrel meatloaf and a cookie in the back of the Van?

jasonjc got your head boards, but they are soooo, nice I may have to keep them in Kansas.
Do I have to load up the dogs and head to Kansas???? See you at KAMO Thanks again.

We stopped at Cracker house on the way home for chow - I had the meatloaf dinner and it was worthwhile along with the biscuits - mash potatoes and green beans - yummie - slosh is all down with sweet tea
Great , NOW I want meatloaf!!!!!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
do you gave a link where I could look at some of these photos and videos? Thanks
When I get home, I will post all my pics in a slideshow. I took a lot but I was unable to get everything.

Tomorrow evening or maybe Tuesday morning I'll post them here.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have only good things to say about the entire convention, BUT!!

Let me tell ya about the road construction on I-65 South yesterday...

It took us nearly 3.5 hours to travel about ten miles near Nashville because the 3 lane Southbound side was channeled into one lane with barrels, signs, etc., and traffic was heavy, as in bumper-to-bumper and moving like paddy water ... BUT...there was NO construction going on!!! Near the end of the choke point there were about ten fellers goofing around completely off the side of the road, but NO ONE was working even NEAR the road.

WTFO???:cookoo:

Last edited:

B3.3T

Fell in love with the m151 with TOW launcher. Might need to get one for the collection. The missile back behind the dragon wagon brings up a lot of unanswered questions that we may not want to know the answer to.
Uh, there was no M151 TOW launcher at the show...

B3.3T

We had a great time at the show. Met a lot of great folks and were busy the whole time with out Vietnam K-9 Vet display. Bought some cool stuff, too. The vehicle turnout was really good with a real variety. I wish more foreign vehicle collectors would attend as in the past however. John Chaney's rusted GAZ and Christos' MOWAG were the only foreign vehicles at the whole show. Not even any CMPs. But great show. Great facility for a show.

swindad2

It was my first big show. Definitely wasn't disappointed. Even my 13 year old video game fanatic admitted enjoying the show. Also came back with a few needed parts, including 4 gallons of Rapco 383. I think the only thing missing on my list was the chance to see a M1070 HET up close.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get with me at the Ga rally, and I will explain the game "Tag the Schneider barrels". It's fun at 0300.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[And its nice to finally get to meet a lot of folks I have only known through SS these many years, as well as seeing folks met in the past again.
Heck of a good time so far.

Same for me. I got to meet a bunch of Steel Soldiers but now I realize I missed meeting a bunch more. I spent a lot of time in my buddy's booth, "Sergeant Surplus", or running to the trailer for replacement inventory. Went through three tee shirts each day. Hats off to the Kilroy Chapter for an outstanding event. I guess it's time to join the group. 'Till next time.
JC

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks