• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout checked in last night. He is there with Papabear, Tony and Chuck. After a all night road trip on Wednesday night from CAMO they spent most of the day at the show and then passed out. The show organizers he said are top notch and hundreds of vendors with thousands of items to purchase. Great Great show was the report and all should drop everything they are doing to attend today :)

Funny story is they are wearing the KC18 shirts and people are coming out of the blue saying we know you guys and have been following the build on SS. It is a small world.

Everyone traveling be safe and keep posting more pictures.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be there sometime late (after the show ends) today. I have a truck (Dodge) load of tent stuff for someone.

Hopefully everyone will still be sober. ;-)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We're meeting lots of new people and having a lot of fun.

I have convinced Dawn to buy a DUKW.

Life is good.

20140627_145618[1].jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a great show. Lots of reeeeally nice vehicles on display. The local folks have done a good job on this one (which also applies to the previous conventions, haven't been to a bad one yet).

And its nice to finally get to meet a lot of folks I have only known through SS these many years, as well as seeing folks met in the past again.
Heck of a good time so far.

Cheers

iatractor

Made it back home. Got to meet several members yesterday. MWMULES, Zout, Papabear, Clinto (I didn't introduce myself as Iatractor), then met up with another Georgia crew wearing their rally shirts-Digger? and RTK. Talked about the upcoming GA rally this fall. Might be worth a plane trip down. Overall, good convention since this was my first one. Lots of things to absorb and learn. Picked up some goodies, some reading material, lots of advice, and got to meet some more people with knowledge and enthusiasm for this hobby. Planning on Topeka next year, and maybe flying out to Kalifornia for that convention.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Very nice displays, and I really like the Stuarts behind the building. I'll be sitting in the Uhaul next to Clinto.
Stop down and say high at our booth. I was going to stop and introduce myself, but I keep running into folks I know or running for parts. I'll have the "steelsoldiers est. 1999" shirt on.

Chris.

swindad2

Just got home from the convention. Got to meet a few of the Steel Soldiers. Hate that I missed meeting some of you. It was almost sensory overload when I first walked in. Plenty to look at. Even the wife picked out a couple she wanted. Here are a few pics, the ones that didn't come out blurry anyway.

20140627_145506.jpg20140627_154300.jpg20140628_091514.jpg20140628_090040.jpg20140627_144138.jpg20140627_143530.jpg20140627_154403(0).jpg20140628_090605.jpg20140628_090120.jpg20140628_090132.jpg

iatractor

Fell in love with the m151 with TOW launcher. Might need to get one for the collection. The missile back behind the dragon wagon brings up a lot of unanswered questions that we may not want to know the answer to.

zout

Got home early this morning from a very safe ride there and back. Had to load the headache rack and my goodies for the K into the truck and drive back to Lilburn.

It was a very worthwhile trip - all except for that fella that wanted $100 for a pair of wiper blade arms - hope ya choke on them in your sleep - outrageous. Just from a couple items I wanted to purchase for the K some were out on another planet with their prices - but the good ones overruled them fellas and I bet we looked at each time no less than a dozen times.

A big salute to the organizers - vendors - helpers we had no idea were making it go smoothly. I did enjoy the blackout Sat morning tho when the lights dimmed out.
Lets see - saw Gimp - Steve Bradley - Dawn - CLinto - Mike - Mark Koloc - Paul - got a chance to meet some of the supplying vendors whom we purchased items for the K on - like Paul at TM Ordinance.

I will say - out of everyone there including former Signal folks - not ONE person knows about the K-18 and its duties - but a lot are watching the thread here and over on 503.

Thanks ya all up in KY - GREAT JOB.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - this one is for youView attachment 501473
Yep, it was a wonderful time and I was able to get a few things I wanted.... like 8 different manuals for the DUKW, a fire extinguisher for the K-18 and some stop/tail light covers for the WC-22. We even found an original NOS set of lights for the K18-C but I just could not make myself pay $550.00 each for them!!:shock:

Hats off to the MVPA, especially the Kilroy Detachment for a very well organized/managed event!:goodjob:

Now for the pic: look at the top line in the pic. Don't you all agree that line should have gone on to the corner of the box?? Now look at the line at the bottom of the box...it's not even finished!! Every time we went out on the balcony to smoke/BS that friggin thing drove me up a wall and I wanted to get some white paint and fix it...but I didn't.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, it was a wonderful time and I was able to get a few things I wanted.... like 8 different manuals for the DUKW, a fire extinguisher for the K-18 and some stop/tail light covers for the WC-22. We even found an original NOS set of lights for the K18-C but I just could not make myself pay $550.00 each for them!!:shock:

Hats off to the MVPA, especially the Kilroy Detachment for a very well organized/managed event!:goodjob:

Now for the pic: look at the top line in the pic. Don't you all agree that line should have gone on to the corner of the box?? Now look at the line at the bottom of the box...it's not even finished!! Every time we went out on the balcony to smoke/BS that friggin thing drove me up a wall and I wanted to get some white paint and fix it...but I didn't.
It was painted by the lowest bidder, that is ALL the paint that was included in the bid, any more paint would have called for a mod. order which would have called for added expense to the contracting authority.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a GREAT show , picked up lots of stuff , 4 TRIPS to the truck ! Paddle Boat ride was a lot of FUN , nice way to see the sights . Hats off to all involved in setting up the shows , lots of great effort ! I was surprised at the AMOUNT of MV's on display , some really , really nice vehicles . Hope everyone made it home "OK" BTW , How did Clinto make out ? we went right by Sparta on the way home , but earlier that day . Hope all is well , bob k

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got back to Kansas about noon today, had a great time meeting folks down there. Found a set of M116 Data plates a 1/2 eaten plate of Cracker Barrel meatloaf and a cookie in the back of the Van?

jasonjc got your head boards, but they are soooo nice I may have to keep them in Kansas.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks