• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

jdknech

also to those bringing vehicles, please sign up for the "rodeo" we will have some mounds and dips set up for you to drive your vehicles over! and get some professional pictures of your MV in ACTION!!
NOTE- this is NOT a extreme course, it is also a SLOW SPEED course.. its design is to LIGHTLY exercise the vehicles articulation.. and to look good while doing it! ALL VEHICLES ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!!

jdknech

Word of caution , if you are driving up 65 from Nashville and parts south , give yourself plenty of time , there is LOTS of road construction , down to 1 LANE in some spots north of ETOWN ! We are going in a day early just to give us some wiggle room . We hit a amazing amount of road work this year , guess it's got to get done but ALL at once !!! Time for a cold one !!!:beer:
also all the interstates in downtown louisville are a cluster! they are in the middle of building 2 new bridges to indiana, and expanding I65 through downtown louisville into Indiana.. the convention is being held about 6 miles south of that construction.. so allow for extra time for going threw that as well.. if you dont hit it at "rush hour" times, it is not too bad to deal with..

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
also all the interstates in downtown louisville are a cluster! they are in the middle of building 2 new bridges to indiana, and expanding I65 through downtown louisville into Indiana.. the convention is being held about 6 miles south of that construction.. so allow for extra time for going threw that as well.. if you dont hit it at "rush hour" times, it is not too bad to deal with..
Dammitman!!! You fellers are starting to scare me now!

Road construction, slow interstates, projected thunderstorms... guess we will leave here around 24:00hrs Wednesday instead of 04:00hrs Thursday then!!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checking current traffic the worst area will be for people coming down from north east (Ohio and northern KY).

It doesn't look bad coming in from I64 (from I75) or up from the south on I65. Like Josh says, the construction is close to downtown and well away from the action.

iatractor

One quick question, I did not get a chance to register to attend the convention, will I be able to register there? Kind of had a situation at work that put my ability to come in jeopardy but by Tuesday of last week it changed. Won't be bringing a vehicle or be a vendor, just a participant. Looking forward to meeting many of you there.

swindad2

Don't scare me there. I too assumed it is open to the public?

Okay. Edit. KEC website says it is closed to the public Thursday 26th and Friday 27th. Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday 29th for the public. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Aerialfred

One quick question, I did not get a chance to register to attend the convention, will I be able to register there? Kind of had a situation at work that put my ability to come in jeopardy but by Tuesday of last week it changed. Won't be bringing a vehicle or be a vendor, just a participant. Looking forward to meeting many of you there.
I am positive you can register there at the door. No problem. They may not have the little goody bag, but you will get in.
Fred

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Don't scare me there. I too assumed it is open to the public?
Okay. Edit. KEC website says it is closed to the public Thursday 26th and Friday 27th. Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday 29th for the public. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Now you fellers are scaring ME!!:shock:

I thought the place was closed to everyone thru COB Wednesday except exibitors and vendors to set up and then Thursday thru Sunday the rest of us attending the MVPA thingy could come in??

swindad2

I am positive you can register there at the door. No problem. They may not have the little goody bag, but you will get in.
Fred
Will I need to show my MVPA membership card to get in on Friday you think. I just joined and do not have a card yet. Been looking on the website to see if they have something to print out, but no luck yet.
Also checked to see if you can still pre-register. Looks like it ended on May 30th.

jonsm114

14th armored will be outside with 5 or 6 M5A1 Stuart tanks on display....service company impression WWII> Look for the tanks and the GP Medium tent.

I am driving my M925A1 From St Louis on Wednesday morning......

Aerialfred

Will I need to show my MVPA membership card to get in on Friday you think. I just joined and do not have a card yet. Been looking on the website to see if they have something to print out, but no luck yet.
Also checked to see if you can still pre-register. Looks like it ended on May 30th.
I think they can look you up on the net and see you are a member. They did that for me once.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I'm not a member it's kind of pointless to go down until Sat morning sometime. :-(

zout

I'm not a member either and coming up with CAMO - being there Thur am ??????? Reminds me of when we all went to Huntsville a couple years back trying to get in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks