• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I am not far from Louisville, and I know a lot of others are close too. I have yet to see a thread about the event so I decided to post up. Who all is planning on attending. It looks like this year the powers that be have decided to have the whole event indoors. I am not sure how well that is going to go over, but we will soon see!

June 26 - 28

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The convention in Huntsville in 2012 was indoors and it was awesome.

We're coming to Louisville for the convention but probably won't be entering a vehicle.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used to do ISCA car shows there. Brings back many memories. I see the dropped the F from the acronym. Regardless of what happens, the facility is world class.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I thought the 2012 mvpa convention SUCKED, vehicles crammed together, seemed to have more room for venders then vehicles, some of the major venders had brought huge table space, there by squeezing the smaller venders into one or two tables (money talks). GL. entered trucks (6 or 8) that that had future sale event and lot numbers on them,
(again money talks), these made up the percentage of the big trucks. I was very disappointed. There was a wrecker entered that was motor pool ready, ALMOST NO bii,

This convention no way even came close to the 1999 convention

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've run with the MVPA Kilroy Group, they are a good group of guys. Bill Scott has a plan and this will be a success. The KY Expedition Fairgrounds are suited for this event. Anyone wanting the camp out is welcome to my farm property. It will be rustic, city water is available. The property is 45 miles from the fair grounds.
Let me know
Joe C

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A convoy to the convention starting in Michigan is in the works, I expect MVPA chapters between here & there will be contacted by the organizer in order to hook up with others on the way down.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is at the KEC, I got a trailer space indoors and staying at the RV parking area sleeping in the flight line van $30 a night cause you can't put up a tentaua

That weekend, June 28-29 they are also having JAG Military Show & National Gun Day show at the same place in the South Wing.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We used to do ISCA car shows there. Brings back many memories. I see the dropped the F from the acronym. Regardless of what happens, the facility is world class.
International Stuffed Critter Association

:)

I thought the 2012 mvpa convention SUCKED, vehicles crammed together, seemed to have more room for venders then vehicles, some of the major venders had brought huge table space, there by squeezing the smaller venders into one or two tables (money talks). GL. entered trucks (6 or 8) that that had future sale event and lot numbers on them,
(again money talks), these made up the percentage of the big trucks. I was very disappointed. There was a wrecker entered that was motor pool ready, ALMOST NO bii,

This convention no way even came close to the 1999 convention
The vendors did have a lot of room set aside for them and I don't know if TNJ paid for all the room they took up, bu they did have killer deals (We bought 20+ new headlight for $12 a piece, masters, airpacks, seats, all crazy cheap).

I don't agree that the vehicles were crammed together. I thought there was plenty of room-I took pictures of every single vehicle entered and I was able to get almost every vehicle in the frame by itself.

A wrecker without BII? Your beef is with the person displaying it, not the MVPA.

All 300+ pics are here: http://s9.photobucket.com/user/clinto1/library/Huntsville?sort=3&page=1

Here are a few of the choicest ones:

DSC00510.jpgDSC00512.jpgDSC00517.jpgDSC00527.jpgDSC00532.jpgDSC00530.jpgDSC00534.jpgDSC00543.jpgDSC00568.jpgDSC00573.jpg

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A few more:

DSC00609.jpgDSC00623.jpg

Look at this junker! What kind of dork would own this?!

DSC00539.jpg

lstmate

I am going. Already have hotel reservations and planning on convoying over with other members of the River City Thunderbolt MVCC group on Thursday morning.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We all need a way to identify ourselves, so we can meet each other!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks