• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to a display of the MV construction and fire equipment , hope you have a good turn out . Missed last year being it was on the west cost . Signed up for the FT. Knox tour with some members of our MV Club . Louisville is a great place , should be a good show .

jdknech

As far as identifying SS members, at our next meeting, I will bring up the idea of having a table at the entrance with Name tags and a sharpie.. would this be acceptable?

jdknech

Are they holding it at KFEC? If so there is plenty of room for sure.
yes, that is where we are holding it.. in the south wing, LOTS and LOTS of room!
http://www.mvpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1-Host-Hotel-Convention-Details.pdf

Personally I think its a bad idea to not have outside vending and/or camping, but we'll see how it goes.
Unfortuntly we had no choice with this.. outside venders would have been too far away from the main event, and the KEC does not allow tent camping..

I thought the 2012 mvpa convention SUCKED, vehicles crammed together, seemed to have more room for venders then vehicles, some of the major venders had brought huge table space, there by squeezing the smaller venders into one or two tables (money talks). GL. entered trucks (6 or 8) that that had future sale event and lot numbers on them,
(again money talks), these made up the percentage of the big trucks. I was very disappointed. There was a wrecker entered that was motor pool ready, ALMOST NO bii,

This convention no way even came close to the 1999 convention
We had the same "cramped"feeling from the last convention, and have taken steps to not have that happen this time around.. I think you will be pleased..

I've run with the MVPA Kilroy Group, they are a good group of guys. Bill Scott has a plan and this will be a success. The KY Expedition Fairgrounds are suited for this event. Anyone wanting the camp out is welcome to my farm property. It will be rustic, city water is available. The property is 45 miles from the fair grounds.
Let me know
Joe C
JC! thanks for the kind words! one of these days we are going to have to actually meet... seeing how you work a few hundred feet from me! lol also thanks for putting up the camping space offer..

It is at the KEC, I got a trailer space indoors and staying at the RV parking area sleeping in the flight line van $30 a night cause you can't put up a tentaua

That weekend, June 28-29 they are also having JAG Military Show & National Gun Day show at the same place in the South Wing.
just a heads up, your "flight line van" will be in the direct "flight path" for Louisville international airport.. (read- UPS world HUB) lol
shouldnt be too bad though.. just thought it was kinda funny when I read your post

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We're definitely coming this year we just aren't sure if it's a one day thing or longer.

The first day the convention is open to the public is Thursday, correct?

If you can only come one day, is there a "better" day? I guess since all the vehicles and vendors are required to be there for the duration, it's not like there will be ore to see on a certain day.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Josh,
Looking forward to the Convention, should be lots of green/tan rolling around town. We'll have to get together before the big show.
Joe C

jdknech

We're definitely coming this year we just aren't sure if it's a one day thing or longer.

The first day the convention is open to the public is Thursday, correct?

If you can only come one day, is there a "better" day? I guess since all the vehicles and vendors are required to be there for the duration, it's not like there will be ore to see on a certain day.
you are correct- Thursday will be the first day it is open to the public.. the best day really depends on what you are interested in.. the gun show that will be next door runs friday and saturday.. and also look into the tours as well..

swindad2

Any update on a means of easy ID for the SS members? The thread has been quiet for a while. I plan to attend, with my youngest boy. Will be my first time meeting anyone in person. I live about 2 hours south of Louisville. Don't want to miss the chance to speak to anyone.

jdknech

Any update on a means of easy ID for the SS members? The thread has been quiet for a while. I plan to attend, with my youngest boy. Will be my first time meeting anyone in person. I live about 2 hours south of Louisville. Don't want to miss the chance to speak to anyone.
As of right now there are not any definite plans for a SS check in.. But that is not to say it will not happen.. Stay tuned

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MWMULES, Gimpyrobb, and I are hosting THE "official- unofficial" meeting spot. We have a 20x20 vending spot inside the Convention Center. We will have a bunch of chairs set up in the back of the spot for socializing. This will be THE steel soldiers hospitality center.
Look for this sign -> Daves Sign.jpg

The name badge thing has been brought up many times. Just make a badge with your name and Steel Soldiers on it. If you have a recognizable avatar, put that on the name tag also. And wear a Steel Soldiers rally shirt if you have one.

Dave has used this one for several conventions ->MWMULES badge.jpg

And here is mine, used at Evansville 2009, and Dayton 2011 ->name tag.jpg

L999here

1917 Machine Gun Carts...

This will be my first National MVPA meet. There will be a WW1 set-up..thanks to Kevin,the KY MVPA gentleman...and 3-1917 Machine Gun Carts will be displayed,hopefully next to some other WW1 stuff like a uniform display or such. I hope to meet several of our MVPA members there and be able to share my passion for our WW1 vets and their equipment. Since they are all gone now,this display is to show folks what kind of stuff was used and to honor our WW1 vets. See ya'll there...

zout

Looking forward to heading up there with invitation of CAMO - just look for the crew wearing BLACK T shirts with a K-18 on the back of them and PABA BEAR on the front - that is US.

Cannot wait to get way with some real friends again and real folks and see how real folks fix MV's.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looking forward to heading up there with invitation of CAMO - just look for the crew wearing BLACK T shirts with a K-18 on the back of them and PABA BEAR on the front - that is US.

Cannot wait to get way with some real friends again and real folks and see how real folks fix MV's.
Holy carp! Can't wait to see yous guys there!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We are gonna be there late Thursday afternoon thru probably lunch time Saturday.

Maybe all us SS folks can get together and have dinner Thursday or Friday evening? Maybe even have a spur of the moment BBQ somewhere?:papabear:

Last edited:

zout

Great idea PB - I know how to lite a fire and gather kindling - plus I am sure there are some stray cats and dogs no one will miss in KY that we can rotissarie up over the bon fire. Someone bring the beer.

mahdey

I am offering this up for all Steel Soldier members. I live on Post at Ft. Knox and my buddy in Shepersdville, MM 125 on I-65, 15 mins from louisville who is a former marine would like to invite everyone over for a BBQ

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am offering this up for all Steel Soldier members. I live on Post at Ft. Knox and my buddy in Shepersdville, MM 125 on I-65, 15 mins from louisville who is a former marine would like to invite everyone over for a BBQ
Wow!!! Talk about Southern Hospitality!!! I'm in...the CAMO Crew will bring some burgers and dogs, beer and whatever ya fellers need us to bring.

Which evening are you talking about?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MM 125 is Gene Snyder Pkwy and the KEC is at exit 131. Sounds pretty close to me. :)

Would Friday night work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks