• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Findlay Ohio show pictures and updates

atomoros

Drove in Thursday night from Pittsburgh and found the fair grounds easily. Great location!!. Rained Friday morning so I waited until noon to hit the show. Not too crowded then and many outdoor vendors had covers on their items. Picked up a couple of things but didn't come across some of the truck items I was looking for. Checked out the vehicles and took many pictures. It didn't seem too busy, I was wondering if more vehicles arrived on Friday and if Saturday would be a better day to be there for next year?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got home about 8pm. Great show, better folks, thanks to everyone that stopped by and introduced themselves and/or talked for a bit. I'm beat, its bed time.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see everyone this year after my business induced absence of last year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All kinds of vendor booths at the show.

I saw a FOB Fenty shirt and this guy. Could not tell who it was because of the sandstorm protection...

20150516_115911.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This was our first year at Findlay. We drove up to Groveport on Wednesday night, got a room, got up Thursday and picked up some stuff at GL, saw CBE Metalworks there. Left there, drove up to Findlay, got checked into our room and then drove over to the fairgrounds and got set up (we were vendors). We were inside the covered building, so we had some shelter from rain and sun. Left Sunday about lunch time and got home about 0130 this morning (Monday).

Fun event with a good variety of vehicles. Modern M-series stuff like M939 5 tons, deuces, Jeeps, couple of halftracks, etc. Tom Price had has LVT4 there and we got to watch him load it up on Sunday.

Clintogf did a rough estimate of her sales and she thinks she made enough to have paid for the entire trip. I don't know if she made any profit, but at least she didn't lose anything (she spent about $400 more to go to the Florida show than she made, she was hoping there wouldn't be a repeat here).

I have only one minor complaint-although the building we were in had 110V outlets on each post, none of the ones near us worked. Either they didn't work or they were turned off. With everyone having battery hungry smart phones and tablets, I think organizers need to consider this sort of thing these days (this year at the Ga. Rally we're going to have USB charging ports available for attendees for free). This wasn't an enormous problem for us since we were able to park Clintogf's Ram 2500 next to our spot and leave the keys in it and charge phones that way.

I don't know if we'll go back next year, it's almost a 700 mile trip for us one way, but it was a very good show and the city of Findlay is absolutely gorgeous.

We did get some great deals on parts-I got a nice 18K lb MileMarker winch from JoeHamilton and I got an NOS steering wheel, tailgate chain covers, M37 fuel tank filler neck and cover and some early m-series taillights for u/rustyjunk, a bridge plate for u/olewhiskey, more chain covers for myself and we brought back a ton of stuff for gunnermac.

Much thanks to the group who put this on, to the people who brought all their stuff out to sell and display, Carnac for the parts and the jacket, Tom @ TNJ for the great deals and the shirts, Joe for delivering my winch, Gimpy/MWMULES/JWC/Westy/Stretch/Kip/etc for the good companionship and vandalizing our space overnight.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wish you had said something to me about the power issue. They are VERY good about making sure any issues are taken care of. Had I known, I'm sure we could have fixed it pronto!
I don't know why but Saturday this year was really slow traffic wise. In past years Saturday is the big day, this year we sold most of our stuff on Friday.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time at the meet. Found lots of parts for the M37, renewed friendships, and made some new friends. I had a spot of trouble going home. My radiator broke apart(yes I said broke apart) at Ravenwood WVa. Advance auto parts was the only auto parts place in town, and had a new radiator to fit my Chevy. I changed out the radiator, and then made my way home, only losing 1.5 hours to the repair.
Didn't get in until 2345 Sunday- Stopped and dropped off parts to MDSA, then went to Ferro's place, where I unloaded the M37 bed and Ferro's parts. Then stood around talking to Ferro for an hour.

It's a shame I have to wait a year before doing it again..........

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was our first year at Findlay. We drove up to Groveport on Wednesday night, got a room, got up Thursday and picked up some stuff at GL, saw CBE Metalworks there. Left there, drove up to Findlay, got checked into our room and then drove over to the fairgrounds and got set up (we were vendors). We were inside the covered building, so we had some shelter from rain and sun. Left Sunday about lunch time and got home about 0130 this morning (Monday).

Fun event with a good variety of vehicles. Modern M-series stuff like M939 5 tons, deuces, Jeeps, couple of halftracks, etc. Tom Price had has LVT4 there and we got to watch him load it up on Sunday.

Clintogf did a rough estimate of her sales and she thinks she made enough to have paid for the entire trip. I don't know if she made any profit, but at least she didn't lose anything (she spent about $400 more to go to the Florida show than she made, she was hoping there wouldn't be a repeat here).

I have only one minor complaint-although the building we were in had 110V outlets on each post, none of the ones near us worked. Either they didn't work or they were turned off. With everyone having battery hungry smart phones and tablets, I think organizers need to consider this sort of thing these days (this year at the Ga. Rally we're going to have USB charging ports available for attendees for free). This wasn't an enormous problem for us since we were able to park Clintogf's Ram 2500 next to our spot and leave the keys in it and charge phones that way.

I don't know if we'll go back next year, it's almost a 700 mile trip for us one way, but it was a very good show and the city of Findlay is absolutely gorgeous.

We did get some great deals on parts-I got a nice 18K lb MileMarker winch from JoeHamilton and I got an NOS steering wheel, tailgate chain covers, M37 fuel tank filler neck and cover and some early m-series taillights for u/rustyjunk, a bridge plate for u/olewhiskey, more chain covers for myself and we brought back a ton of stuff for gunnermac.

Much thanks to the group who put this on, to the people who brought all their stuff out to sell and display, Carnac for the parts and the jacket, Tom @ TNJ for the great deals and the shirts, Joe for delivering my winch, Gimpy/MWMULES/JWC/Westy/Stretch/Kip/etc for the good companionship and vandalizing our space overnight.
Should have said something- The breaker box was right next to MWMules place, and we could have checked it to see if all the outlets were on.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What about the elevated chair?
What's funny is when we got there and saw all out stuff moved, we weren't sure if we'd been pranked or if someone had moved our stuff that was in front of our trailer to make room for somebody to get part. It wasn't until I sat down and looked up and saw it.

That's when the rock with the paracord made sense.

I wish you had said something to me about the power issue. They are VERY good about making sure any issues are taken care of. Had I known, I'm sure we could have fixed it pronto!
I don't know why but Saturday this year was really slow traffic wise. In past years Saturday is the big day, this year we sold most of our stuff on Friday.
Should have said something- The breaker box was right next to MWMules place, and we could have checked it to see if all the outlets were on.
It wasn't a big deal, since they were pretty liberal with allowing us to park the Ram next to our spot (i.e. we parked there and no one complained). Had that option not been available, it would have been a bigger issue.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They rarely complain about anything at the show.

They always let me drive in with the winged Dodge and I just tell them I'm with the SS group and point at all the yahoos in the building.

If they were going to complain about anything it would have been the year I drove the Jaguar.........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is westy still on the crapper? Hope he strapped a board to his arse so he didn't fall in!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks