• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 ga. rally home safe

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Columbia, SC group has all made it to home base, but my black Plano box with my rally tee shirts, a pillow, and my dirty clothes didn't. We think it may have been put in the M105 trailer that all the tents, tables and chairs were stored in.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just getting home .. came home to rain and a near flood in the yard. seen a bunch of wrecks but we came in safe

roalcoal

Made it home late last nite, we lost a tire on the trailer about 200 miles from the house. Got to use the 20 ton jack I purchase. Guess the camper trailer was overloaded from all the good stuff I got:)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got in about 1610. Bella ran great on the way back, zero issues with the truck. The trailer however lost the tread off a tire but still held air... got me home thats the main thing.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rain From Mobile Al around 1 till present. Several accidents in Ms on I-10 probably due to weather.

Did someone forget to tell the weatherman that hurricane season is over? Oct 25 is not rainy moonsoon season even here in the sub tropics :-(

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With construction (35 min to go 3 miles), stops and rain, it took me right at 12 hours to get home (600 miles). I didn't know anything about hurricane Patricia until I hear it on the radio going through Atlanta. Glad it is now a tropical depression, but still had to drive through what was left of it. Had a lot of flooded roads, stupid drivers and a couple of down tree branches. Good thing I planted the rye grass for the horses last Monday before I left, cause it got a good watering (if the seed wasn't washed away with 6+ inches of rain).

Patricia storm.jpg This was 2 hours after I got home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW4x4 and I rolled into the R4X northern AO about 1615. JW.will head north to Ohidio tomorrow and I will head to R4X southcom on Wed.

phil2968

Made it home at 19:30. I followed steve6x6 at 58mph in front wheel drive. Broke the rear diff in the 1009. I removed the spider gears and locked the front hubs. 455 miles with the front end pulling. We stopped for lunch at WH in Macon. I managed 19mpg with the pioneer tool trailer in tow.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
S C H E I S S W E T T E R !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about to have a truly totally hosed out homeward trip. The sky will dump on me with high winds, flooded roads, and God knows what else.

Was planning to deal with a few other holding points and drops offs on the way home. It will all be dependent on how slow it goes today. I have an absolute drop dead time of 1000 hrs Wednesday to be home.

I have been advised to stay off I-10 so I will be going I-20 but hopefully will make two primary stops in the Austin/Ft Hood area. Once past there it should be clear sailing.

amgeneral72

We all made it home with no problems. Thanks to all who made this years rally possible and can't wait to see everyone again next year. About 364 days to go. Should we start the tread now?

mr.travo

I think the EPA would thank me because I inhaled about everything Bella was throwing out! That old girl did really well man. See you Wednesday!

1crook

Clinto and I made it home in short order. Got some great deals at the rally and managed to not spend all of my money. Thank you to all that came by to see me and bought some of my stuff. It was nice to put more names with faces and meet new members.

Can't wait to see all of my friends next year. Had a great time hanging out with everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks