• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Haspin parts thread

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They lost a big contract at Anthem here recently, they should realize good employees aren't cheap. Keep sending them reminders you can be had, "if the price is right".

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 9 (oops, counted wrong, I mean 8 ) steel 5 gallon gas cans (jerry cans) for sale. Various conditions, $35 for really nice, $30 for good. I will try to get some pics if requested.

Here are the pics. Reply here or by pm if you want one.
Five of the cans have the threaded pipe nipples installed with a threaded pipe cap. These pour fast without a need for a nozzle. I have used them this way for many years. I have only three of the original screw in caps (without gaskets) that will go with the first buyer if wanted. All of the cans (except "H") are clean inside and currently in use (gasoline).

Cans A and B
These are the best of the lot. $35 each.
(edit: Can A sold via pm )
IMG_20150601_195704226_HDR[1].jpg

C and D
$30 each
IMG_20150601_195725878_HDR[1].jpg

E and F
$30 each
IMG_20150601_195802994_HDR[1].jpg

G and H
G is clean inside and out, very usable, but has a large dent on side as shown : $25
H is really cruddy inside. Could serve as a display or you clean up? $5
IMG_20150601_195824074[1].jpg

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some plasti-dip coating in aerosol spray. These are brand new. It is next to impossible to find single cans in stores. I had to buy a minimum purchase, so I have extra.

Use this for tool handles, grips, or grab bars, anywhere you want a grip-able rubbery surface.

$8 per can.

I have 4 cans OD green and 5 cans Tan.

IMG_20150603_072506037[1].jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin wish list and tire chains for sale or trade.

I have an M925A2 that I would like to find a few things for...

-Troop seats. (Any restorable condition or just hardware to add wood to. Also wonder if GimpyRobs Deuce headboards would fit 5 tons, they "look the same"???

-Keyed ignition switch.

-Lockable fuel cap (I bought one on EBay that fits except my filler neck is to thick and won't clear lock pawl on ID.)

-Drivers seat cover (only need bottom) or entire air ride seat (to hopefully lower my eyeballs out of the windshield wipers;)

-Excellent set of six tires (preferably Michelin XZL on 5 ton wheels, but neither a deal breaker.)

I have some extra 16.00x20 tire chains that we have been cutting down to fit 14.00x20. They are the good Rud square link grader chains, that are stronger and work much better in the mud than twist link chains.

$250 a pair for the 16.00s
$225 a pair for 14.00s

I also have some cheaper twist link Peerless chains that are a little too small for 14.00x20s but I believe will fit M35A3 tires. I will bring one along so we can find out.

$150 pair or $500 for all seven.

212sparky

How about an all volunteer crew to replace the winch I just bought for my deuce with one that works, used winch may go to the installer.<br />
ok I know it's a stretch on holiday but I had to ask.

That is easy to do. Do you have fresh mounting bolts? We all usually have plenty of tools and hands. Do you have new a new wire rope to go on the replacement winch? Mine looked good but once I got the top layer undrumed it was trashed. If it is good I will have some wire rope lube we can oil it up with. Also we have the shelter to do the work under if there is rain.

rebelcummins

I have some plasti-dip coating in aerosol spray. These are brand new. It is next to impossible to find single cans in stores. I had to buy a minimum purchase, so I have extra.

Use this for tool handles, grips, or grab bars, anywhere you want a grip-able rubbery surface.

$8 per can.

View attachment 563131
Put me down for 2 cans of OD Green.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

$8 per can.

View attachment 563131
If a non attendee were to commit to those 5 cans of tan, could they be handed off to someone to put in my pile at Beefco Midwest or the Richmond Dr annex?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be interested in troop seats for a M939 if the price was right. I would also like to bump my fuel up a few turns and 2-3 clicks of the gov springs if anyone has time to help guide me through it and has the proper tools. It is on my list of to-do's but I haven't tried it yet.

Oh, and I am looking forward to meeting several of you guys!

Pugsley

I could use some stop/turn bulbs. I have a bunch of 97 bulbs from pinball machines but they are 12V and don't last too long. Thanks.

I too would be interested in having fueling turned up a bit. I still need to have the FDC bypassed. If someone can help that has done this before that would be great. As it stands now I can hit 950-1000 on egts. So I think I have a little room to bump up the fuel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Anyone have NEW deuce hood hinges? I also might be looking for an "air shift transfer case" dash switch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, if you have any used deuce hinges, send me a pair. I will send you back a pair of hinges you won't believe.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't need any. I have the nylon bushing and bolt kit to make these hinges better than new and guaranteed quiet. I thought you were seeking.l new. I can makes yours better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks